Senior Mechanical Engineer, Rotating Equipment
AIR COMPANY is the world's-leading carbon utilization company, creating consumer and industrial products from carbon dioxide (CO2). Our mission is to address the dramatic surge in atmospheric carbon levels to ensure long-term planetary health and life on Earth. To curb emissions that affect climate change, AIR COMPANY has invented a proprietary power-to-liquids technology that mimics the recipe of photosynthesis. Using only renewable energy, our systems convert captured CO2 into carbon-negative alcohols and fuels with just oxygen as a byproduct. These CO2-based chemicals are then applied to a variety of consumer and industrial products, helping to decarbonize entire economic ecosystems.
Through carbon technology innovation, AIR COMPANY is creating a profound shift in the sustainable production standards across industries of all kinds. With three carbon-negative consumer products brought to-market thus far (AIR Vodka, AIR Eau de Parfum and AIR Hand Sanitizer), AIR COMPANY is moving towards world-scale impact with its latest innovation: CO2-derived sustainable aviation fuel (SAF). Since its inception, AIR COMPANY has won an incredible amount of highly acclaimed awards including TIME Best Inventions, Fast Company World Changing Ideas, the NASA CO2 Conversion Challenge, R&D World’s R&D 100, and most recently, the Keeling Curve Prize.
We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer, Rotating Equipment to join our team. This role will report to our Director, Equipment Systems Engineering to perform machinery equipment selection, estimating, and design work.
Ideal candidates will have at least 10 years of industrial experience in a rotating support equipment role based in a refining, petrochemical manufacturing, or chemical related facility.
At Air Company we value employees for their unique perspectives. We are an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer we consider applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The range for this role is $120,000-$150,000. Exact compensation may vary based on the market, experience, skills and technical expertise
- Support development of design for equipment & systems, & redesign existing systems by working with process design engineers:
- Prepare rotating equipment package specifications
- Clarify vendor proposals
- Develop technical bid evaluations
- Create technical requisition purchase packages
- Execute equipment design reviews
- Provide technical support to Director, Equipment Systems Engineering for rotating equipment
- Prepare engineering specifications, data sheets, and inspection and testing plans for required equipment
- Review suppliers’ proposals and develop technical evaluations
- Review and approve suppliers’ design calculations, fabrication drawings, and quality control documents
- Witness testing and pre-ship inspection of critical equipment in the suppliers manufacturing facilities
- Develop QA/QC standards for rotating equipment repair
- Monitor mechanical engineering interns and co-ops
- Develop life cycle costs for rotating equipment repairs and replacement
- Design and plan equipment layout
- Troubleshoot system issues associated with manufacturing processes
- Perform engineering calculations to support design work
- Participate in plant operability reviews and hazard reviews as applicable to the rotating equipment
- Closely work with the Engineering department to provide mechanical and equipment support for all process designs within AIR COMPANY
- Provide support for troubleshooting of rotating equipment at various facility sites
- BS Degree in Rotating Machinery, Mechanical Engineering or Chemical/Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 10 years working experience on centrifugal/ reciprocating/screw compressors, blowers, steam/gas turbines, pumps, silencers, cooling towers, air- or water-cooled in Industrial Gases, Oil & Gas, or Petrochemical Industry
- Strong knowledge and experience in inspection of rotating machinery fabrication and performance testing procedures and evaluation
- Strong background with safety protocols for handling hazardous chemicals and process HAZOP
- Experience in large scale engineering project management
- Experience with FAT, commissioning, start-up and shutdown operations
- Experience in working with EPC companies and different type of vendors
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment with constant change
- Team player, extremely organized, attention to detail, and strong ability to multitask across various workflows
- Solution oriented, passion for developing and implementing solutions