AIR COMPANY, a world-leading climate technology producer and provider, is paving a pathway to global decarbonization by transforming CO2 into endless resources via industrial scale applications. Working with nature, rather than against it, our proprietary AIRMADE™ Technology mimics photosynthesis to transform carbon dioxide & water via renewable energy into a suite of innovative carbon-negative products including AIRMADE™ SAF, AIR Vodka, and AIR Eau de Parfum.
The company has commercial partnerships with airlines including JetBlue & Virgin Atlantic, amongst others, and has been awarded multiple government contracts from NASA and the United States Department of Defense. The organization has received industry recognition through awards such as Time Best Inventions, Fast Company World Changing Ideas and the XPRIZE for Carbon Removal.
AIR COMPANY is proudly headquartered in New York City and co-founded by Gregory Constantine (CEO) and Stafford Sheehan (CTO). Its team spans a diverse group of world-leading experts in chemistry, engineering, and technological development and deployment. AIR COMPANY is backed by capital partners aligned with the company’s mission to boldly transform industry including the US Department of Defense, NASA, Toyota Ventures, JetBlue Ventures and Carbon Direct. Learn more at AIRCOMPANY.com
We are seeking an experienced FAR Compliance Manager to join our team. This position will contribute to establishing and leading a sophisticated mechanism for complying with FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulation), DFARS (Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement), and CAS (Cost Accounting Standards), as appropriate, within AIR COMPANY. This role is based in New York, NY.
What you get to do
- Develop and implement comprehensive internal controls for complying with FAR/DFARS/CAS, including but not limited to accounting policies and procedures that cover allowable/unallowable costs and general accounting. Ensure that all aspects of AIR COMPANY activities align with FAR/DFARS/CAS requirements.
- Stay abreast of changes and updates in FAR/DFARS/CAS regulations and other relevant compliance requirements, and regularly review and update policies and procedures.
- Ensure familiarity with cost principles and determinations, as well as appropriate segregation of duties, for relevant personnel.
- Design and implement accounting systems that incorporate project-specific accounts, unique expense codes, segregated and recorded direct, indirect, and incurred costs, subcontractor policies/procedures, and obligation controls, among other items.
- Contribute to proposal development by providing specific, line-item categories and accounting.
- Provide guidance and support to ensure compliance with allocating, reporting, and certifying effort, as well as maintaining and verifying reports.
- Negotiate indirect cost rates with federal agencies and develop related company strategy.
- Manage and respond to agency and third-party audits. Maintain records for audit, accounting, and award/performance, as well as other histories.
What you bring to AIR COMPANY
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or a related field.
- 7-10+ years of experience in FAR compliance, agency audits, or related roles within the government and/or for major government contractors.
- Strong understanding of federal regulations, specifically FAR, DFARS, and CAS requirements, and their application in business operations.
- CPA, CIA
- Experience with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with agency audit plans/programs and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS)
Salary Range: $120,000 - $156,000
The approximate annual base compensation range and benefits listed above may vary based on the applicant's experience, skills, abilities, and relevant industry expertise.
At Air Company we value employees for their unique perspectives. We are an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We consider applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women, marginalized genders and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At AIR COMPANY we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles
Working at Air Company
In addition to standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we are:
- A people-first, climate solutions company driven to move society to a more sustainable future
- A unified team of climate optimists with an exceptional and diverse range of backgrounds
- Committed to fostering collaboration with a team that believes in the power of science and that business can be used as a force for good…
We also provide:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance. 100% of paid premiums for employees.
- Flexible and generous paid time off, including national holidays and sick leave
- Commuter Benefits: Pre-Tax Income for MassTransit
- Employee Wellness Program
- Sponsored company events and DEI social initiatives
- Catered meals