AIR COMPANY, a world-leading climate technology producer and provider, is paving a pathway to global decarbonization by transforming CO2 into endless resources via industrial scale applications. Working with nature, rather than against it, our proprietary AIRMADE™ Technology mimics photosynthesis to transform carbon dioxide & water via renewable energy into a suite of innovative carbon-negative products including AIRMADE™ SAF, AIR Vodka, and AIR Eau de Parfum.
The company has commercial partnerships with airlines including JetBlue & Virgin Atlantic, amongst others, and has been awarded multiple government contracts from NASA and the United States Department of Defense. The organization has received industry recognition through awards such as Time Best Inventions, Fast Company World Changing Ideas and the XPRIZE for Carbon Removal.
AIR COMPANY is proudly headquartered in New York City and co-founded by Gregory Constantine (CEO) and Stafford Sheehan (CTO). Its team spans a diverse group of world-leading experts in chemistry, engineering, and technological development and deployment. AIR COMPANY is backed by capital partners aligned with the company’s mission to boldly transform industry including the US Department of Defense, NASA, Toyota Ventures, JetBlue Ventures and Carbon Direct. Learn more at AIRCOMPANY.com
We are seeking a Procurement Specialist to join our team. This role will report to our Procurement Manager and support the purchasing & operations department, with heavy involvement in the administration of our newly implemented Coupa Procurement system. This role is based in Brooklyn, NY.
What you get to do
- Work cross-functionally with various internal stakeholders and external suppliers to facilitate their successful and efficient use of our P2P system, Coupa.
- Provide guidance of how to submit purchase requisitions, new supplier requests, contract creation, PO change orders, invoice confirmations, and general system support as needed to Coupa users and suppliers.
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement and suggest projects to streamline business operations where applicable.
- Work closely with suppliers, business users, and the rest of Air Company’s procurement team to onboard new suppliers and verify business and banking details through the Coupa Supplier Information Management (SIM) module.
- Support the business teams to review commercial terms on supplier contracts and help with supplier negotiations as required while working closely with Legal.
- Participate in supply base optimization and supplier management activities to help support rapid and sustainable growth of our business.
- Troubleshoot system errors and other administrative tasks as needed, and perform analysis and ad-hoc reporting as per user requests.
What you bring to AIR COMPANY
- 2+ years experience working with Coupa or a similar P2P system.
- Have previously worked on supplier enablement, punchouts & catalogs, contracts, etc.
- Possess a strong knowledge of the requirements around requisitions, POs, invoices, receipts, and tolerances.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (specifically excel).
- Basic knowledge of finance and accounting best practices
- Self-starter who can work independently and learn quickly with the ability to prioritize and work within deadlines.
- An aptitude for customer service with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency in handling multiple concurrent projects and schedules.
Salary Range: $70,000 - $85,000
The approximate annual base compensation range and benefits listed above may vary based on the applicant's experience, skills, abilities, and relevant industry expertise.
At Air Company we value employees for their unique perspectives. We are an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We consider applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women, marginalized genders and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At AIR COMPANY we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles
Working at Air Company
In addition to standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we are:
- A people-first, climate solutions company driven to move society to a more sustainable future
- A unified team of climate optimists with an exceptional and diverse range of backgrounds
- Committed to fostering collaboration with a team that believes in the power of science and that business can be used as a force for good…
We also provide:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance. 100% of paid premiums for employees.
- Flexible and generous paid time off, including national holidays and sick leave
- Commuter Benefits: Pre-Tax Income for MassTransit
- Employee Wellness Program
- Sponsored company events and DEI social initiatives
- Catered meals