At AIR COMPANY we are paving a pathway to global decarbonization by transforming CO₂ into endless resources via industrial scale applications. Working with nature, rather than against it, our proprietary AIRMADE™ Technology mimics photosynthesis to transform carbon dioxide and water via renewable energy into carbon-negative chemicals and fuels.
We have commercial partnerships with airlines including JetBlue and Virgin Atlantic, amongst others, and have been awarded multiple government contracts from NASA and the United States Department of Defense. AIR COMPANY has received industry recognition through awards such as Time Best Inventions, Fast Company World Changing Ideas and the XPRIZE for Carbon Removal.
We are proudly headquartered in New York City and co-founded by Gregory Constantine (CEO) and Dr. Stafford Sheehan (CTO). Our team spans a diverse group of world-leading experts in chemistry, engineering and technological development and deployment. AIR COMPANY is backed by capital partners aligned with the company’s mission to boldly transform industry including the US Department of Defense, NASA, Toyota Ventures, JetBlue Ventures and Carbon Direct.
We are looking for a Research Intern to join our team. This role will report to our Innovation Manager. This position will perform various tasks in support of innovation projects. The Research Intern will also work closely with our operators on fuel sample processing, as well as assist in catalyst preparation and reactor loading, under the guidance of a scientist. The Research Intern will be responsible for conducting experiments under the guidance of a scientist, maintaining equipment, preparing samples, and ensuring the accuracy and integrity of laboratory results. This role is based in Brooklyn, NY
What you get to do
- Assist in research design, catalyst preparation, reactor design and reactor loading, following established protocols and under the guidance of a scientist.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with equipment or processes as needed.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and ensure they are calibrated and operating properly.
- Prepare and analyze samples using various laboratory techniques and instruments.
- Record and report results accurately and in a timely manner.
- Follow safety guidelines and maintain a clean and organized laboratory environment.
- Assist with inventory management, ordering supplies, and maintaining stock levels.
- Collaborate with the scientist and other team members to ensure smooth laboratory operations and achieve project goals.
What you bring to AIR COMPANY
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or a related field.
- Strong understanding of chemical principles and laboratory techniques.
- Ability to follow protocols and work accurately with attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and procedures in a laboratory setting.
- Proficient in using laboratory instruments and software for data analysis.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new techniques and procedures.
- Ideal candidates will have previous experience working in a laboratory setting. Familiarity with operating laboratory instruments, following protocols, and recording and analyzing data accurately is highly desirable.
Salary Range: $20.00 - $25.00/hr
The approximate compensation range and benefits listed above may vary based on the applicant's experience, skills, abilities, and relevant industry expertise.
At Air Company we value employees for their unique perspectives. We are an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We consider applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women, marginalized genders and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At AIR COMPANY we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles