At AIR COMPANY we are paving a pathway to global decarbonization by transforming CO₂ into endless resources via industrial scale applications. Working with nature, rather than against it, our proprietary AIRMADE™ Technology mimics photosynthesis to transform carbon dioxide and water via renewable energy into carbon-negative chemicals and fuels.
We have commercial partnerships with airlines including JetBlue and Virgin Atlantic, amongst others, and have been awarded multiple government contracts from NASA and the United States Department of Defense. AIR COMPANY has received industry recognition through awards such as Time Best Inventions, Fast Company World Changing Ideas and the XPRIZE for Carbon Removal.
We are proudly headquartered in New York City and co-founded by Gregory Constantine (CEO) and Dr. Stafford Sheehan (CTO). Our team spans a diverse group of world-leading experts in chemistry, engineering and technological development and deployment. AIR COMPANY is backed by capital partners aligned with the company’s mission to boldly transform industry including the US Department of Defense, NASA, Toyota Ventures, JetBlue Ventures and Carbon Direct.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking Junior Designer to join our exceptional Marketing team. This role will report to the Design Director and work closely with the Content Director, Senior Designers, Social Media Manager and Production Coordinator. This role will assist in ideation and creation of our marketing and sales materials supporting the overall evolution and performance of the Marketing team as the company scales. It has a strong focus on social media content and internal marketing materials. This role is based at AIR COMPANY HQ in Soho, NY.
Ideal candidates will have an interest in the sustainability space and will have experience working in a startup or studio environment.
What you get to do
- Work directly with the Design Director, Senior Designers and Marketing Team to ideate and create compelling visuals to tell the brand story, educate consumers and support new business and product launches and announcements
- Ideate and create social assets and campaigns for organic and paid
- Assist in production of campaign creative assets on multiple marketing touchpoints
- Collaborating on planning and deadelins of content calendars with rest of the social team
- Ideation, creation, and production of assets for web and newsletter
- Ideate and support in design needs for additional business collateral such as decks, merch, and templates
- Ensure all design adheres to existing brand guidelines
- Occasionally pitch visual concepts for campaigns
What you bring to AIR COMPANY
- 1-2 years of design experience, Internships included
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong sense of design and thorough understanding of design theory including principles such as color, typography and composition
- An eye for photography, photo editing, color grading. On camera and studio experience is a plus but not required
- Interest in Art Direction and shoot planning and organization
- Strong ability to source imagery and photography
- Strong working knowledge of Figma and modern design systems
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- Use of After Effects and Premiere is a plus, but not required
- Proficient in Google Docs and Slides as well as some proficiency in Microsoft Powerpoint and Word
- Has a strong aesthetic sense and attention to detail
- Collaborative and open to direction
- Able to complete tasks on tight turnaround times and prioritize time
- Interested in technology, sustainability, science, cultural progress, and startup environments
- Please include a portfolio of work that shows concept-based thinking carried through to execution
- Client work is preferred but student/conceptual work is also valid
Salary Range: $65,000 - $75,000
The approximate annual base compensation range and benefits listed above may vary based on the applicant's experience, skills, abilities, and relevant industry expertise.
At Air Company we value employees for their unique perspectives. We are an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We consider applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women, marginalized genders and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At AIR COMPANY we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles
Working at AIR COMPANY
In addition to standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we are:
- A people-first, climate solutions company driven to move society to a more sustainable future
- A unified team of climate optimists with an exceptional and diverse range of backgrounds
- Committed to fostering collaboration with a team that believes in the power of science and that business can be used as a force for good
We also provide:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance. 100% coverage of employee insurance premiums, and 50% coverage of spouse & dependent insurance premiums.
- Flexible and generous paid time off, including national holidays and sick leave
- A tax deferred 401(k) Plan to invest in your future
- Commuter Benefits: Pre-Tax Income for MassTransit
- Paid Family Leave
- Employee Wellness Program
- Sponsored company events and DEI social initiatives
- Friday catered meals