Director, Commercial Origination & Business Development
AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence and robotics for the recycling industry. Every day, we’re working to reimagine and actively modernize the world’s recycling infrastructure. Headquartered and manufacturing operations in Louisville, Colorado, we build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact. We are looking for unconventional thinkers to join our mission; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital and recognition including Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising artificial intelligence companies in America, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a REMOTE Director, Commercial Origination & Business Development reporting to the General Manager, Phoenix Business to focus on driving the growth of new sales, revenue, and profitability, owning the development of customer relationships (both waste/recycling company and municipal waste authority executives) and closing sales opportunities through strong pipeline creation and management.
B2B clients range from small/mid-market owner/operators to larger, regional enterprises and national accounts, in the recycling industry. Goal is to lead new commercial development for AMP's sortation-as-a-service solutions from deal origination through commercial negotiation and closing deals that add to AMP’s value creation and impact to the sector.
As our Director, you will work to:
- Develop a pipeline of customer relationships, take them through a sales/busdev funnel and execute agreements for AMP’s facility business.
- Organize, prioritize and manage the deal pipeline.
- Source and evaluate potential opportunities conducting due diligence on the potential partners and leading the overall investment process and closing deals.
- Quantify value creation opportunities for potential customers focused on building technology enabled infrastructure solutions: AMP’s Sortation-as-a-Service facility solution.
- Set strategy, evangelize and execute. Operationalize go-to-market strategies.
- Source and evaluate potential opportunities conducting due diligence on the potential partners and leading the overall investment process and closing deals
- Proactively monitor and analyze market trends and industry developments with an ability to quickly articulate those trends into value creation opportunities.
- Lead deal structure, negotiation and conversion of lead to meaningful transactions.
- Financially model opportunities, from AMP and buyer perspectives. Think creatively and be able to articulate on the business model through negotiations to maximize value.
- Collaborate internally to learn and maximize AMP’s capabilities for the best fit partnership opportunities.
- Build strong relationships with private and public partners and stakeholders to maximize opportunities for repeat projects within high-value, target regions.
The successful candidate will have:
- 10+ years of experience in commercial or business development, including direct experience structuring and negotiating commercial agreements.
- Experience identifying, developing, negotiating and closing large-scale technology and/or capital equipment deals.
- Experience structuring and negotiating complex public-private partnerships.
- Excellent strategic thinking complemented by an attention to the details required to execute an agreement.
- Generating leads for new business.
- Lead and manage RFP process.
- Ability to build and use project-level financial models to evaluate prospective projects and drive executive-level decision making.
- Strong consultative/value selling skills and ability to influence innovation and new technology adoption in customer organizations.
- Project and process management abilities that are demonstrated by successfully managing multiple complex efforts simultaneously across geographies and/or organizations.
- Ability to successfully challenge, educate and evangelize customers.
- Ability to engage and pitch to C-Suite roles at waste majors.
- Ability to represent the company in public meetings and form productive relationships with public officials and other project stakeholders.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams of engineers, operations and other team members needed to create a successful project.
- Understanding of land use controls, zoning, and other project entitlements and, ideally, knowledge/experience securing conditional use approvals, variances, and/or site re-zonings.
- Demonstrated agility and ability to be adaptive, with a high willingness to learn.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, capable of tailoring to varied audiences.
- BS/BA degree.
- MBA, preferred
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to travel frequently.
- Remote (within the U.S.)
- Ability to travel often to clients and prospects across North America and to AMP headquarters in Colorado. Expect ~25-40%.
AMP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Applicants who identify with a historically underrepresented group are encouraged to apply.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary & Commission Information: $170,000 - $210,000 per year. This position is commission bonus eligible.
Equity Grant: The candidate selected for this role will be recommended for a stock option grant commensurate with the position and the candidate’s qualifications.
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna medical healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance: The company covers the cost of Basic Life / AD&D 1 x Salary, option to purchase additional through New York Life
- Benefits start the day you start
- HSA Eligible Health Plans
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching)
- FTO - Flexible Time Off
- 6 Accrued Sick Days
- Eight (8) paid holidays