Charging Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Type: Full Time
Reports to: Head of Operations
BasiGo is an early stage e-mobility start-up looking to revolutionize the public transportation sector in East Africa by providing bus operators with a cost effective electric alternative to diesel buses, along with simple and reliable charging and maintenance services in support of their bus operations. BasiGo Rwanda is looking for an experienced electrical engineer in Kigali, Rwanda excited to build the charging infrastructure needed for electrified public transit. The Charging Infrastructure Engineer will support the planning, procurement, power provision, and deployment of high-reliability charging systems for BasiGo customers.
You might like this job if:
- You believe electric transportation is the future and want to make it a reality
- You enjoy the challenge of engineering reliable and sustainable power systems
- You’re able to take a risk on something new, thrive in ambiguity, and can adapt to change
- You want to create a cleaner, safer, and technologically advanced future for African cities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Engineering charging depot power requirements to meet BasiGo customer needs.
- Siting and evaluation of potential charging depot locations relative to BasiGo bus routes and grid infrastructure.
- Working with local utilities to upgrade power infrastructure as required.
- Component selection, design, and procurement to support EV charging station installations.
- Management of EV charger installation, validation, and commissioning.
- Service and support of charging stations post-deployment.
Our ideal candidate would have:
- Experience & Qualifications
- MS in Engineering or related field.
- 4+ years of experience working in grid-connected or large off-grid power systems for commercial and industrial clients.
- Experience deploying high-reliability DC and AC Power Systems.
- Experience working with utility (REG) in planning and implementation, with an understanding of utility processes, site identification planning and de/commissioning.
- Experience engineering backup power solutions using generators and/or batteries.
- Direct experience with electric vehicles and electric vehicle charging systems is a plus.
- Skills & Attitude
- Strong technical communication skills
- Roll up your sleeves and get it done
- Detail-oriented across all aspects of vehicle engineering, safety, and quality.
- Willingness to communicate with a variety of local and international partners.
- Demonstrate ability to independently manage and execute technical projects
BasiGo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ethnic background, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic established by law.