Carbon Crusher uses a green carbon binder to stabilize the roads, a key component of making the roads carbon negative. Today this is based on lignin, and going forward we will develop/ integrate new versions of the binder, either from lignin or other sustainable materials, with the ambition of 5x-ing the current carbon reduction abilities. In addition, we will develop new products, of which chemistry and road-bitech will play a crucial role. The bio team work on two topics:
Ensure sufficient supply, test and further develop binder and new road additives
- Work closely with key partners to verify road properties and additional carbon reduction effect
- Work closely with current supplier, new suppliers, academic institutions, and R&D labs to ensure proper supply and develop the next generations of binder and materials with complementary binding properties
New product development
- Develop new biology based products that otherwise contribute to road quality and/or carbon reduction or removal, including enzymes and new material composites
- Masters Degree or PhD in relevant chemistry or biotech area
- Experience from paper production or lignin related topics highly valued
- 3-5 years work/academia experience valued
- Willingness to travel occasionally to suppliers
About Carbon Crusher
Carbon Crusher Inc. is a climate tech company on a mission to move the planet from grey to green, by making better roads that are also carbon negative, using the biosphere to heal the atmosphere, and inspiring minds to think in new ways about the climate challenge. With a proven and deployed product, a leadership team with a track record in scaling climate and tech unicorns, and backing from prestigious climate tech investors and influencers, Carbon Crusher is now paving the way for a carbon negative future.
We build on more than a decade of experience and R&D from Norway, and have a product which are making better roads and are crushing carbon for happy customers today. But we will not stop there - our ambition is to expand our portfolio and become the first sustainable road tech unicorn.
We are a small company in high growth with a young and diverse leadership team. Joining Carbon Crusher now will allow you to take a core role in shaping and delivering on reaching our mission. If your values are aligned with ours - brave, open & reliable, like to live and work sustainably, and enjoy the way to as much as the actual success - we would like to hear from you.
The Carbon Crusher team you will be working with will primarily be located in Oslo or New York. Location is flexible for the right profile, but working in a time zone that has some overlaps with both Oslo and New York is required. Regardless of location, we of course welcome and encourage flexible working solutions to ensure our team live sustainable and happy lives.