Chief Investment Officer
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2023
About The Role:
As the Chief Investment Officer, you will be responsible for working with investors and raising capital as we launch Energetic Capital, a new specialty finance company that will offer loans to commercial and industrial renewable power project developers. This is a chance for you to help build a new finance company from the bottom up, and play a part in facilitating the clean energy transition. This is a critical role that requires a deep understanding of financial markets, strong analytical skills, and the ability to make sound investment recommendations.
About Energetic Insurance:
Energetic Insurance develops novel risk management solutions to unlock exponential growth in renewable and distributed energy. Our flagship product enables financing of commercial renewable energy projects. We are a fast-paced venture-backed startup that previously closed a Series A fundraising round with participation from strategic venture capital investors from the finance, energy, and insurance sectors. We are backed by SCOR, one of the largest insurance companies in the world, as well as Schneider Electric Ventures and MS&AD Ventures.
Our company is scaling rapidly; we’ve unlocked $500M in project value across 1400 sites across the country, are working with multiple financial institutions, and are exploring new products and geographies.
- Develop and implement strategies for raising capital from a variety of sources, such as banks, institutional investors, private equity funds, etc. Work directly with investors and banks. Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Create a comprehensive investment strategy aligned with the organization's goals and objectives.
- Conduct thorough research and analysis of various investment options. Evaluate investment opportunities based on asset class, market trends, and industry dynamics.
- Prepare regular investment performance reports and presentations for senior management and stakeholders. Communicate investment performance, market updates, and portfolio reviews effectively to support decision-making processes.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, or a related field. A Master's degree in business administration (MBA), finance, or a relevant discipline is highly preferred.
- Proven experience in investment management, with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience. Prior experience in a leadership role, such as a senior investment manager or portfolio manager, is required. Experience managing large investment portfolios is highly desirable.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in either project finance or asset-based finance, preferably (not required) in the renewable energy sector.
- In-depth knowledge of financial markets, investment instruments, and portfolio management strategies. Strong understanding of asset allocation, risk management, and performance evaluation techniques.
- Exceptional quantitative and analytical skills, including financial modeling, data analysis, and investment research. Proficient in using investment tools, software, and statistical packages. Ability to interpret complex financial data and make informed investment decisions.
- Interest in building a new product and joining a growing team at a start-up dedicated to improving opportunities for access to sustainable and environmentally friendly solutions.
Preference for Boston or New York.
Occasional travel required for meetings and conferences. Common destinations include New York, Boston, and London.
Why you should work with us:
At Energetic, we directly impact and influence the clean energy transition. Our team is passionate about the future of renewable energy and is looking for other individuals who share our vision. We are inclusive and diverse in workforce and style, we agree that clean energy is the pathway to a better world. Energetic was created to meet the demand for financial solutions to unlock and reduce the cost of capital for renewable energy developers. We bring unparalleled market expertise, capital, and institutional knowledge to provide developers and capital providers with the resources to build and maintain clean energy projects.
Employees have ample opportunities to voice thoughts, opinions, and ideas through weekly companywide meetings, team outings and events. We emphasize the importance of each individual through engagement, teamwork, inclusion, and diversity efforts.
Unlimited PTO 8 Weeks Family Leave Full Healthcare Offices in Boston, MAand New York, NY Remote and Hybrid Flexibility Quarterly Team Outings Commuting Benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer
Energetic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, marital status, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), gender identity, sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit-based factors protected under federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Energetic Insurance is dedicated to building a diverse workforce as we grow and scale. We strongly encourage and invite women and people of color to apply.