Euclid Power Inc. | Location: New York City or Remote (Anywhere in U.S.) | Full-Time
Euclid Power is a renewable energy software and services company that is building the operating system for the renewable energy industry; data management and workflow tools to help project developers and investors build more renewable energy projects. We believe it is time that the process of deploying renewable energy projects was powered by software, as much as social media or online ads.
Euclid is trusted by some of the largest solar investors, solar developers, utilities, and technology integrators to provide software, guidance, and project diligence support. Euclid is led by a world-class team of renewable energy, software, product, and project management veterans. Our solutions have driven the creation of over 3GW of renewable energy capacity across hundreds of projects.
We are seeking a Frontend Engineer with proven experience building industrial-grade web apps to scale our software platform. Our software stack includes React / Rails / Postgres.
Our company is committed to hiring talented team-members and advisors who are hardworking, passionate, and committed to our mission. Hires at this stage will immediately contribute to the DNA of our product, processes, and, most importantly, culture. At Euclid, learning, growing, and testing the best ideas are central to our approach to solving one of the world’s most important challenges: climate change.
Who You Are
- Life-long learner and builder that is passionate about creating great software products to support the deployment of renewable energy projects
- Experienced React engineer who enjoys the possibilities of a single-page application and can help create a fantastic, scalable, web-based user-experience
- Creative architect that is excited by the opportunity to grow a product to serve hundreds of the largest customers in the renewables space
- Team-player that will jump into problems where necessary, helping to deliver great software, elevate our front-end architecture, mentor the team in best practices, and anticipate issues before they arise
- Scrappy, open-minded, entrepreneurial thinker who can help guide product decisions, balancing building things well against getting them out-the-door
What You’ll Do – Immediate
- Take ownership of a React-based, front-end application, helping make customer-centric decisions on the design of our web app
- Work with the team to help support scope definition and resource allocation for the engineering team
- Work with the team to build world-class engineering culture at Euclid, defining processes for software development, testing, and deployment
- Work closely with teams across the organization to learn and understand the process of renewable energy development, diligence, execution, investment, and asset management
What You’ll Do – Long Term
- Lead growth of frontend software team, working with leaders on hiring and recruiting world-class talent to achieve corporate product goals
- Facilitate design and architecture of new products and tools to serve renewable energy project developers and investors through Euclid’s platform with guidance from the founding members
- Continue to improve reliability and scalability of Euclid software platform as we expand our product offerings and grow our customer base
Required Skills and Experience
- World-class experience with, and commitment to, testing, continuous integration, security, infrastructure, and deployment
- Excellent software architecture skills, knowledge of best practices and design patterns (as well as anti-patterns)
- Excellent mentorship, code review, and collaboration skills with a team in a continuous, agile environment
- Experienced back-end engineering skills with Ruby on Rails, REST-ful API design, and normalized database design, preferred
- Passion for fighting climate change through the deployment of clean energy, preferred
What We Provide
- Benefits package (401K, Health Insurance, Remote Work, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays)
- Opportunity for early equity awards and share in the growth of the firm you are helping build
- Professional credential obtainment sponsorship (PMP, PE, CFA, Software)
- Multidisciplinary exposure and training (Tax, Legal, Finance, Diligence, Engineering etc.)
- Opportunity to learn and grow in a truly supportive, collaborative, dynamic, and diverse environment
- Exposure to high-profile, industry leading clients, products, and technology
We welcome candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.
The starting base pay for this role is between $155,000 and $210,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, experience, and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits.