Senior Project Manager - Development (Renewable Power)
Senior Project Manager - Development Services (Renewable Power)
Senior Project Manager - Development Services
Euclid Power | Location: New York City or Remote | Full-Time
Euclid Power is a renewable energy software and services company building the operating system for the renewable energy industry; we use data management and workflow tools to help project developers and investors build more renewable energy projects. We believe it is time that software powered the process of deploying renewable energy projects as much as social media or online ads.
Euclid is trusted by some of the largest solar investors, solar developers, utilities, and technology integrators to provide software, guidance, and project diligence support. A world-class team of renewable energy, software, product, and project management veterans leads Euclid. Our solutions have created over 3GW of renewable energy capacity across hundreds of projects.
We are seeking a Senior Project Manager for our Development Services vertical who is looking to make a sizable impact on the future of the renewable energy industry.
Our company is committed to hiring talented team members and advisors who are hardworking, passionate, and committed to our mission. Hires at this stage will immediately contribute to the DNA of our product, processes, and, most importantly, culture. At Euclid, learning, growing, and testing the best ideas are central to our approach to solving one of the world’s most critical challenges: climate change.
Who You Are
- A driven self-starter looking to continue to build on your professional and technical expertise in renewable energy project management or transition into the space.
- A scrappy, open-minded, entrepreneurial thinker who can flourish in a resource-limited environment
- Innovator who constantly strives for operational efficiencies through process improvement and team development
- Detailed-oriented, organized individual who fervently believes there is no compromising when it comes to the details
- Humble, with the willingness to roll up your sleeves to support a rapidly growing company
- A master communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player who will collaborate to improve our proven renewable energy project development offerings and toolsets
- Customer-focused and personable, with an innate desire to exceed customer expectations
What You’ll Do – Immediate
- Oversee and direct responsibility over individual client engagements ranging from market-entry analysis to turn-key project development services, reporting to the Director of Development.
- Expertly manage and coordinate with external stakeholders as required in the project development process to deliver the engagement objectives and fulfill the scope of work on schedule and budget.
- Collaborate and aid in developing master execution plans, including portfolio schedules, budgets, internal/external time tracking, activity costs breakout, etc.
- Develop complete client & subcontractor/vendor engagement-specific scopes of work for proposal generation, including individual engagement costing and scheduling.
- Support the software product development process by being a power user and providing design and process feedback.
- Support overall company and project-specific functions in collaboration with the Director of Development and/or COO/Co-Founders, including engagement statuses, P&L tracking, and resource planning.
- Work directly with the Director of Development and the Euclid team on process and development tool refinement and internal/external infrastructure build-out
- Support technical and financial analysis of solar PV and energy storage projects from C&I to utility-scale across all major US markets.
What You’ll Do – Long-Term
- Cause more solar and storage projects to be built by contributing to the standardization of project development processes in the industry and raising the bar for quality
- Support the design and architecture of new products and tools to serve renewable energy project developers and investors through Euclid’s platform
- Oversee multiple high-profile engagements and mentor analysts while reporting directly to the Director of Development
- Collaborate on the development of the strategy for continuous innovation and services offering refinement
- Provide integral support in the improvement of department processes and influence future hiring and build-out of the Euclid Development team
- Advance into a senior leadership position in the development services vertical
Required Skills and Experience
- 8+ years of proven project, construction, or operations management experience within renewable energy, energy, or adjacent industries (preferred)
- Demonstrated experience managing and executing multiple C&I and/or utility-scale PV, PV + storage, or standalone storage projects
- Experience efficiently managing sub-consultants, vendors, third-party engineering/design firms, EPC contractors, etc.
- Strong technical acumen and a firm grasp of standard equipment, permitting requirements & processes, design best practices, standard QA/QC protocols, contracting & negotiation, construction best practices, and industry standards (and how to exceed them)
- Ability to read and interpret engineering plans, environmental studies, geotechnical reports, product warranties & spec. sheets, ALTA surveys, QA/QC plans, permitting & approvals
- Complete knowledge of renewables project lifecycle, inside and outside of project execution, and understanding of crucial project value drivers, project development, and financing
- Complete understanding of project and operations management principles, customer success methods, and best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, project/operations/construction management, business management/economics - concentrations preferred, but not required
- PMP - preferred but not required
What We Provide
- Benefits package (401K, Health Insurance, Remote Work, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays)
- Opportunity for early equity awards and share in the growth of the firm you are helping build
- Professional credential obtainment sponsorship (PMP, PE, CFA, Software)
- Multidisciplinary exposure and training (Tax, Legal, Finance, Diligence, Engineering, Energy Storage, etc.)
- Opportunity to learn and grow in a genuinely supportive, collaborative, dynamic, and diverse environment
- Exposure to high-profile, industry-leading clients, products, and technology
We welcome candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.
The starting base pay for this role is between $138,000 and $180,000 with an equity award. The actual base pay depends upon many factors, such as education, experience, and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, and benefits.