Senior Integration Engineer - Powertrain & Vehicle Hardware
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, April 20, 2022
Lightship is the first American all-electric recreational vehicle manufacturer currently developing an aerodynamic, battery-powered trailer for the electric age. As the macro transition to an all-electric transportation ecosystem accelerates, Lightship is bringing the increased convenience and superior performance that electrification offers to a pastime enjoyed by over 11 million American families.
Honoring Diverse Perspectives
Lightship is committed to hiring and developing top talent from diverse backgrounds. We believe representing and supporting diverse groups is key to the success of our team members, customers, shareholders and the achievement of our mission and vision. We operate in a collaborative environment with a flat organizational structure and expect a high degree of integrity, autonomy and creativity from all members of the team.
- Lead hardware and firmware integration for Lightship’s ground-up all-electric RV
- Create system and subsystem requirements and support testing of those requirements
- Select, source, and bring up a system of power and control components for the first EV-RV: vehicle & powertrain controllers, smart home appliances, communications buses and a gateway server
- Help design an embedded system of networked microcontrollers (ECUs)
- Develop/debug code with high efficiency and a ruthless prioritization mindset
- Document wiring, electronic and controls architecture for the Lightship RV
- Collaborate to define vehicle behaviors based on engineering analysis (e.g. a state machine)
- Design, implement, and validate novel control and functional safety strategies. Lead DFMEA and HARA (ISO 26262) exercises across the prototype vehicles
- Communicate with and manage device & component suppliers
- Work closely with software/hardware engineering on development of the Lightship infotainment and control systems
Prior Experience & Professional Qualities
- BS in electrical engineering, computer science, system engineering, or similar
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience in industries like automotive, aerospace, industrial automation or similar
- Networking and operating systems background
- Ability to code in C/C++ and Python
- Ability to read/create electrical schematics
- Skilled in electrical debugging; know the right tools (oscilloscope, multimeter, etc.)
- Experience managing FMEAs
- Experience working on out-of-house projects that include supplier relationships and third-party interfaces
- Production-level vehicle (embedded) design background preferred
- Experience with high voltage systems preferred
- Self-directed and comfortable with uncertainty
- Collaborative mindset, dedication to excellence and completeness, clear communication style
Employee Benefits & Philosophy
- Healthcare, Dental, Vision (full time only)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off that we actually want you to use! 3-4 weeks is common at Lightship.
-12 weeks paid parental leave
- $2,000 per year towards an RV trip of your own, we call this a LightTrip (full time only)
Lightship offers all of its employees and their dependents full benefits including health, dental and vision insurance and covers 100% of the insurance premium. We are on a mission to create a more healthful all-electric experience for a pastime that millions of families enjoy and believe strongly that our team should not have to worry about quality healthcare for themselves or their loved ones along the way.
See more open positions at Lightship
Something looks off?