Senior Software Engineer
Boulder, CO, USA
Posted on Thursday, July 6, 2023
Lightship is the first American all-electric recreational vehicle manufacturer currently developing an aerodynamic, battery-powered trailer for the electric age. As the macro transition to an all-electric transportation ecosystem accelerates, Lightship is bringing the increased convenience and superior performance that electrification offers to a pastime enjoyed by over 11 million American families.
Honoring Diverse Perspectives
Lightship is committed to hiring and developing top talent from diverse backgrounds. We believe representing and supporting diverse groups is key to the success of our team members, customers, shareholders and the achievement of our mission and vision. We operate in a collaborative environment with a flat organizational structure and expect a high degree of integrity, autonomy and creativity from all members of the team.
About the Role
Lightship’s mission to modernize and electrify RVs demands that we have visibility into the performance of our fleet. As a Sr. Software Engineer, you are comfortable architecting, developing, and testing embedded linux software as well as developing cloud infrastructure for data management. You are scrappy and willing to be hands-on in a program’s early stages. You will work closely with the product and engineering teams and help hasten our path to market with an exceptional vehicle that redefines RVing.
- Develop, maintain, and extend embedded Linux applications and infrastructure
- Develop, maintain, and extend cloud server applications and infrastructure
- Define/build cryptographically secure vehicle-to-cloud communication
- Select and maintain vehicle data database/analytics
- Define wireless communication interfaces and requirements
- Help manage versions, check-ins, and tasks
- Review code, analyze stability, and manage bugs
- Develop and execute a software test suite to ensure reliability
- Optimize software by performing maintenance, updates, and upgrades
- Assess third party and open source software
- Keep up to date with relevant software standards and advancements in software system development
Prior Experience & Professional Qualities
- BS or above in computer science, electrical/computer engineering, or related field
- Minimum 5 years experience developing software
- Extremely proficient coding in C#
- Solid understanding of memory management and multi-threaded applications
- In-depth knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Hands-on experience in designing & debugging Linux-kernel space drivers
- Experience with networking technologies; e.g. WiFi, Ethernet, BT, CAN, 4G LTE
- Knowledge of embedded-C is a plus
- Proficiency in using and maintaining time-series databases
- Experience deploying software across a variety of platforms
- Experience with Git or other source control software
- Basic knowledge of microprocessor-based automotive embedded systems
- Ability to read schematics and component data sheets
- You enjoy developing software and create value by solving problems
- Excellent communication and coordination skills while working in multi-site environment
- You bring an entrepreneurial mindset to your work and are comfortable with uncertainty
Employee Benefits & Philosophy
- Healthcare, Dental, Vision (full time only)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off that we actually want you to use! 3-4 weeks is common at Lightship.
-12 weeks paid parental leave
- $2,000 per year towards an RV trip of your own, we call this a LightTrip (full time only)
Lightship offers all of its employees and their dependents full benefits including health, dental and vision insurance and covers 100% of the insurance premium. We are on a mission to create a more healthful all-electric experience for a pastime that millions of families enjoy and believe strongly that our team should not have to worry about quality healthcare for themselves or their loved ones along the way.
Most roles at Lightship require onsite work from our offices Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday, though some roles may require all days in office. Speak to the hiring manager to learn more.