Senior Production Technician
Broomfield, CO, USA
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
Lightship is the first American all-electric recreational vehicle manufacturer currently developing an aerodynamic, battery-powered trailer for the electric age. As the macro transition to an all-electric transportation ecosystem accelerates, Lightship is bringing the increased convenience and superior performance that electrification offers to a pastime enjoyed by over 11 million American families.
Honoring Diverse Perspectives
Lightship is committed to hiring and developing top talent from diverse backgrounds. We believe representing and supporting diverse groups is key to the success of our team members, customers, shareholders and the achievement of our mission and vision. We operate in a collaborative environment with a flat organizational structure and expect a high degree of integrity, autonomy and creativity from all members of the team.
About the Role
As a Senior Production Technician, you’re a member of a production crew, reporting to a supervisor of
an assigned production area. You will contribute to the success of Lightship by following detailed work
instructions and observing safe operating principles of all assigned equipment and standard operating
procedures (SOPs) for your area of responsibility. Early work will also include building out equipment,
racks and setting up workstations.
Day shift will start at 7am and finish at 4pm each day with two 15 min breaks and an hour lunch.
- Follow all 5S standards and job safety practices and policies including but not limited to on-the-job safety; personal protective equipment; emergency procedures, etc.
- Inspect parts and previous work for proper quality standards and customer specifications.
- Operate and maintain production equipment to meet plant production goals.
- Assist with performing preventative maintenance on assigned equipment.
- Build positive relationships across designated team by effectively collaborating, communicating, and operating with a high degree of integrity.
- Work with engineering and quality to develop strong work instructions, processes and provide insights on improvement
- High School Diploma or equivalent education.
- 1-year minimum experience in a mechanical job-related field with demonstrated mechanical troubleshooting skills.
- Proficiency in the use of hand and power tools.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- 2 years’ work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Basic computer skills
Compensation depends on experience and skills
Physical Environment and Working Conditions
- May be subject to all the following, but not limited to:
- Hot/Cold working conditions.
- Loud /Noisy environment.
- Standing and walking for prolonged periods of time.
- Climbing (stairs, and other equipment as necessary).
- The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this position. It may not contain a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this position.
Employee Benefits & Philosophy - Applies to Full Time
- Healthcare, Dental, Vision (full time only)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off that we actually want you to use! 3-4 weeks is common at Lightship.
-12 weeks paid parental leave
- $2,000 per year towards an RV trip of your own, we call this a LightTrip (full time only)
Lightship offers all of its employees and their dependents full benefits including health, dental and vision insurance and covers 100% of the insurance premium. We are on a mission to create a more healthful all-electric experience for a pastime that millions of families enjoy and believe strongly that our team should not have to worry about quality healthcare for themselves or their loved ones along the way.
Most roles at Lightship require onsite work from our offices Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday, though some roles may require all days in office. Speak to the hiring manager to learn more.