Senior Program Manager
Broomfield, CO, USA
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
Lightship is the first American all-electric recreational vehicle manufacturer currently developing an aerodynamic, battery-powered trailer for the electric age. As the macro transition to an all-electric transportation ecosystem accelerates, Lightship is bringing the increased convenience and superior performance that electrification offers to a pastime enjoyed by over 11 million American families.
Honoring Diverse Perspectives
Lightship is committed to hiring and developing top talent from diverse backgrounds. We believe representing and supporting diverse groups is key to the success of our team members, customers, shareholders and the achievement of our mission and vision. We operate in a collaborative environment with a flat organizational structure and expect a high degree of integrity, autonomy and creativity from all members of the team.
About the Role
Lightship RV is seeking an experienced Program Manager to join our team in the development and production of our revolutionary electric RV. As a Senior Program Manager, you will have the opportunity to work with a talented cross-functional team of engineers, designers, supply chain managers, and manufacturing engineers to ensure the success of the product and launch. You will be responsible for driving the development process from concept to production and ensuring the L1 is delivered on time, within budget, and to the highest quality standards.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure successful project execution, including but not limited to engineering, design, supply chain, finance, product, manufacturing, and quality
- Proactively identify and mitigate project risks, develop contingency plans, and provide regular status updates and recommendations to stakeholders across the company
- Create and maintain detailed project timelines and plans that account for workflow interdependencies
- Manage and execute program end to end, escalate decisions when needed, and weigh constraints across stakeholders
- Create templates, workflows, and processes that are lightweight and exactly suited to the needs of the team
- Recommend program, product, engineering, strategy, and operational changes
- Consistently document outcomes and decisions, and communicate them to affected teams
- Collaborate, build trust, break down silos, and gain buy-in across the company
- BS or MS degree in Engineering or equivalent professional exposure
- 6+ years total experience, including:
- professional experience in technical program management or equivalent
- experience as a technical hardware contributor or equivalent
- Strong track record of managing large cross-functional hardware projects from concept, through development, and to launch
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, collaboration skills, and the ability to present to executive leadership about complex technical problems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills that are applied in both technical and non-technical areas
- Demonstrated ability to spearhead and develop high-complexity projects with large, cross-functional teams.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment with various levels of ambiguity
- Ability to grasp complex technical topics and abstract key issues and risks in an actionable form
Lightship compensation consists of the yearly salary above plus equity, which gives you a stake in the company.
Employee Benefits & Philosophy - Applies to Full Time
- Healthcare, Dental, Vision (full time only)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off that we actually want you to use! 3-4 weeks is common at Lightship.
-12 weeks paid parental leave
- $2,000 per year towards an RV trip of your own, we call this a LightTrip (full time only)
Lightship offers all of its employees and their dependents full benefits including health, dental and vision insurance and covers 100% of the insurance premium. We are on a mission to create a more healthful all-electric experience for a pastime that millions of families enjoy and believe strongly that our team should not have to worry about quality healthcare for themselves or their loved ones along the way.
Most roles at Lightship require onsite work from our offices Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday, though some roles may require all days in office. Speak to the hiring manager to learn more.