About Lilac Solutions, Inc.
Lilac Solutions is a lithium extraction technology company focused on scaling lithium production for the electric vehicle era. Lilac solves the critical technology problems which today prevent development of the world’s largest lithium resources: low yields, high costs, slow start-up, poor reliability, and massive environmental impacts. Lilac’s technology represents such a step-change in performance and cost that it also unlocks the development of new unconventional lithium deposits with low lithium grades and high impurities, which have historically been impossible to produce. In 2021, Lilac raised $150M in Series B financing from investors including T. Rowe Price, Lowercarbon Capital, Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Sumitomo, BMW and SK Materials. Lilac is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Lilac Solutions is looking for an Argentine based Accountant to join our rapidly growing team. This role will be a key person on our accounting team. This role will work closely with the Company’s 3rd party accounting firm to support daily operations of four Argentine entities, the month-end close, execution of the monthly closing reports and other analysis. The individual will also work with our NetSuite implementation team as we transition the accounting function in-house.
This position will support the Sr International Accountant during the month-end close cycle including maintaining the fixed assets and inventory details, working with AP on the monthly accruals, assist with the on-going maintenance of NetSuite and the establishment and maintenance of accounting processes and internal controls.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for accounting accuracy in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Support the month-end close function (initially through our 3rd party accounting firm) through the preparation of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and supporting schedules on a timely basis.
- Be a primary participant in the implementation of NetSuite in South America.
- Work closely with Purchasers and Accounts Payable staff during month-end close to review accrual calculations, monthly journal entries and reconciliations of various G/L accounts.
- Prepare non-routine journal entries and more sensitive journal entries as needed.
- Assist with the execution of the annual financial statement audit by providing supporting documentation and responding promptly and accurately to audit team inquiries.
- Approve bills from accounting and tax compliance point of view, ensuring they have been correctly registered in corresponding account, department and project.
- Set-up bank wires.
- Keep fixed assets schedule and Exploration Investment detail.
- Interact cross-functionally with department managers to understand financial activities and operations been carried out.
- BS in Finance/Accounting or a CPA
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and technical accounting knowledge/experience
- Minimum 6 years of General Ledger accounting including account reconciliation & analysis experience
- Experience in month-end processes and coordinating cross-functional information flow with all levels of management including managing monthly/quarterly deadlines
- Excellent communication (verbal/written) and organizational skills
- Flexibility and willingness to pitch in with assorted tasks as they arise
- Proficient with MS Office including Excel and Word
- English speaking and reading.
- CPA/MBA a plus
- Experience implementing ERP (NetSuite an asset)
- US GAAP and accounting with USD as functional currency.
- Experience working with different entities.
- Accounting for intercompany, imports and exports experience.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Medical care Osde 210
- Remote from anywhere in Argentina
- Connectivity allowance
- Flexible Paid Time Off policy
- Work with a collaborating and fun team
Lilac Solutions is committed to providing a professional work environment free from discrimination and harassment, including discrimination and harassment based on a protected category, and an environment free from retaliation for participating in any protected activity. Lilac Solutions is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.