About Lilac Solutions, Inc.
Lilac Solutions is a lithium extraction technology company focused on scaling lithium production for the electric vehicle era. Lilac solves the critical technology problems which today prevent development of the world’s largest lithium resources: low yields, high costs, slow start-up, poor reliability, and massive environmental impacts. Lilac’s technology represents such a step-change in performance and cost that it also unlocks the development of new unconventional lithium deposits with low lithium grades and high impurities, which have historically been impossible to produce. In 2021, Lilac raised $150M in Series B financing from investors including T. Rowe Price, Lowercarbon Capital, Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Sumitomo, BMW and SK Materials. Lilac is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Lilac Solutions is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our team. This role will report to our Senior Accounting Manager and work closely with the other Senior Accountant. The candidate should be excited to join a climate tech company and navigate a growth-oriented, rapidly changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment.
The ideal candidate takes ownership and pride in their work and intentionally seeks out opportunities to learn and improve. Additionally, the ideal candidate works and communicates effectively with all levels of management and is comfortable working independently.
This position can be fully remote, or some hybrid of remote/in-office.
- Integral contributor to the month-end close through the preparation of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and supporting schedules on a timely basis
- Assist the Senior Accountant and Senior Accounting Manager with consolidations, which includes but not limited to reviewing the Company’s foreign subsidiary financials, eliminations, and financial statement reports in NetSuite for external reporting compliance
- Help manage the Company’s business travel and expense platform, Navan, by ensuring policy compliance and accurate coding of all transactions.
- Maintain the Company’s fixed asset subledger and propose fixed asset additions and disposals.
- Analyze and provide flux commentary on monthly Balance Sheet and P&L account balances.
- Assist the billing department during month-end close and help ensure payments are processed timely and purchase order exceptions are resolved.
- Interact cross-functionally with department managers (Finance, People, Legal, International) to support accounting team goals.
- Key contributor in the creation and maintenance of critical accounting policies.
- Key contributor in the execution of the Company’s annual financial statement audit by providing supporting documentation and responding promptly and accurately to audit team inquiries.
- Assist with various system implementations, technical accounting analysis, and projects as the need arises.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement, drive efficiency and streamline processes.
- BS in Finance/Accounting or a CPA
- Proficient understanding of US GAAP and technical accounting
- Minimum 2-4 years of General Ledger accounting including account reconciliation & analysis experience (open to straight from public)
- Experience in month-end processes
- Excellent communication (verbal/written) and organizational skills
- Flexibility and willingness to pitch in with assorted tasks as they arise
- Proficient with MS Office including Excel (vlookup/xlookup & pivot table) and Word
- CPA/MBA a plus
- Public accounting experience with a global firm a plus
- Experience working with external audit firms
- Experience with financial statement preparation
- International accounting experience including consolidations and accounting for foreign currency transactions and gains/losses
- Experience with NetSuite, mining industry, and manufacturing
Compensation & Benefits
The pay range for this role is $70,000 - $120,000. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor.
- Stock options
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- 401k with pre- and post-tax investing options
- Flexible spending account/Health savings account
- Group and term life
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Paid sick leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee assistance program
- Monthly phone stipend
- Daily catered lunch and on-site gym
- Free EV Charging
Lilac Solutions is committed to providing a professional work environment free from discrimination and harassment, including discrimination and harassment based on a protected category, and an environment free from retaliation for participating in any protected activity. Lilac Solutions is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.