Accounts Payable Supervisor
About Lilac Solutions, Inc.
Lilac Solutions is a lithium extraction technology company focused on scaling lithium production for the electric vehicle era. Lilac solves the critical technology problems which today prevent development of the world’s largest lithium resources: low yields, high costs, slow start-up, poor reliability, and massive environmental impacts. Lilac’s technology represents such a step-change in performance and cost that it also unlocks the development of new unconventional lithium deposits with low lithium grades and high impurities, which have historically been impossible to produce. In 2021, Lilac raised $150M in Series B financing from investors including T. Rowe Price, Lowercarbon Capital, Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Sumitomo, BMW and SK Materials. Lilac is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Lilac Solutions is looking for an Accounts Payable Supervisor to join our team. This role will report to our Director of FP&A and will oversee an accounts payable team, direct the processing of invoices and payments, and manage expense accounts and budget reports. We are seeking an individual who has an ability to look beyond mere transaction processing an inclination toward implementing new systems and processes to enhance efficiency.
This position will be hybrid in Oakland, CA (2-3 days in-office per week) or remote (US, Argentina, Chile, and Canada considered).
- Ensures correct payments are made in a timely manner.
- Develops guidelines for proper handling and coding of invoices to maintain general ledger expense account and inventory records.
- Analyzes expense reports and other invoices for accuracy and eligibility for payment.
- Reconciles accounts payable total and general ledger with other applicable records (e.g., subsidiary vendors’ ledger).
- Facilitates correct and timely preparation of budget reports and purchase journals.
- Ensures proper recordkeeping of purchases for use in tax preparation and periodic audits.
- Ensures that employer identification numbers or social security numbers have been collected from vendors for 1099 reporting purposes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or equivalent experience.
- 3 years of total accounts payable (AP) experience, including at least 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Experience with AP automation, punch-out, and procure-to-pay tools (e.g., Ariba, Coupa, etc.).
- Proven ability to scale AP operations in a high-growth environment.
- Strong understanding of accounts payable processes, best practices, and financial regulations.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus.
- Proficiency in accounting software and Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment.
Compensation & Benefits
- US Salary range: $65k-$115k (commensurate with experience and location)
- Stock options
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- 401k with pre- and post-tax investing options
- Flexible spending account/Health savings account
- Group and term life
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Paid sick leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave
- Monthly phone stipend
- Free EV charging
- Daily catered lunch & on-site gym
Lilac Solutions is committed to providing a professional work environment free from discrimination and harassment, including discrimination and harassment based on a protected category, and an environment free from retaliation for participating in any protected activity. Lilac Solutions is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.