Senior Product Manager - Germany (Remote)
Our carbon emissions are still increasing, and the evidence for dramatic climate change is all around. We want to do our part in solving it.
In Europe, 12% of our carbon emissions come from heating our homes - just as much as using our cars. Getting those emissions to zero will be a gargantuan task: retrofitting 90 million buildings across many countries is a hard problem.
Lun’s mission is to decarbonise homes faster, by building an operating system for tradespeople in the European energy renovation industry. Our first task is to make heat pump installations an absolute no-brainer for plumbers and electricians.
We've secured a robust funding of 11M€ from high-caliber investors, including the likes of Lowercarbon, Norrsken VC, Partech, Foundamental, and MCJ Collective, in order to very rapidly accelerate building retrofits across Europe.
About the role
Lun is expanding to Germany, one of Europe’s biggest and fastest growing heat pump markets. As we anchor our roots in Germany, we’re looking for our first German-speaking senior-level Product Manager.
In this role, you’ll be the voice of our German users, spearheading how our product will travel into a strategically critical market. Your objective is to deliver an incredible product for an underserved segment, enabling the installers to make the green transition happen, faster. You will immerse yourself in the problems and opportunities facing German heat pump installers, shape how we solve them intelligently with our platform, and drive those improvements through delivery alongside an exceptionally driven, talented and energetic team.
This position can be based in Lun’s HQ office in Copenhagen or remote anywhere in Germany. You will report directly to, and work closely with our co-founder, Anders, based in Copenhagen.
What you will do
Product Development and Roadmap:
- Build and maintain a clear roadmap based on strategic objectives, commercial goals, user insights, and delivery capacity.
- Drive continuous discovery, engaging with to understand their pains and gains across different sizes and geographies.
- Take ownership of product performance in the German market. We’re off to a great start, and you’ll have ongoing responsibility that our product is providing real value to the German installers.
- Develop and refine metrics to understand and measure product performance.
- Work closely with the engineering team to build a high-efficiency, high-efficacy product development process.
- Raise the company-wide product-IQ by providing consistent and clear communication on product capabilities, user problems, potential solutions, and more across functions.
Who you are
- You have 6+ years of experience in Product Management.
- You have experience building B2B SaaS products for users who are not digital natives.
- You have worked in high-pace, VC-backed technology companies.
- You speak German with native-level fluency, and English at a professional level.
- You are an excellent communicator across different audiences and stakeholders, and highly effective at providing clarity and building alignment.
- You are energized to solve hard problems in complex domains, and engage with users empathetically to understand, digest and integrate their viewpoints.
- You thrive in a work environment with high expectations of ownership, velocity, clarity and transparency.
- You effortlessly switch between being in the weeds and in the helicopter.
- You are passionate about contributing meaningfully, concretely and positively to fighting climate change.
- Experience with scaling products from early stage to growth stage.
- Experience with building products for the construction industry.
- Experience working in renewable energy – a big plus if you’re already knowledgeable about heat pumps!
Even if you feel like you don't meet all the "must-have" requirements for this role, we encourage you to apply anyways. We know that the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of companies meeting incredible candidates, and we don't want them to get in the way of meeting you.
Compensation and benefits
- Salary range for this position is 90,000€ – 110,000€ per year (or equivalent in local currency).
- Competitive warrant package.
- Company-sponsored pension plan.
- Reimbursement of home internet and phone plans.
- Flexible working hours and remote work policy.
- Free drinks, snacks and a delicious vegetarian lunch served everyday in the office.
- Ongoing social events and festivities – we love celebrating!
- We all gather in person as a company every quarter for team off-sites, workshops, and adventurous team activities.