Mechanical Engineer II
Nitricity is a startup addressing climate change, and we seek your help! We are innovating in an essential chemical industry that supports global food systems. The bedrock of modern agriculture is the production, distribution, and application of the essential nutrients found in fertilizers. However, nitrogen fertilizer is currently made in coal- and gas-fired facilities located hundreds to thousands of miles away from farmers who need it. The $120B industry is responsible for as much as 6% of global CO2eq emissions. Nitricity Inc. has developed a new technology that produces fertilizer using air, water, and renewable electricity (e.g., solar). Growers will have access to a more reliable, low-cost, and environmentally friendly fertilizer supply. We are actively growing our team to help us realize this vision.
As a Mechanical Engineer specializing in reactor design and CAD/SolidWorks, you will be crucial in our team's mission to develop and deliver state-of-the-art reactor systems. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, model, and analyze reactor components and systems, ensuring their safety, efficiency, and compliance with industry standards. This role offers a unique opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects that significantly impact the energy and industrial sectors.
- Collaborate with engineers and scientists to conceptualize, design, and optimize reactor systems for various applications, ensuring they meet performance and safety requirements.
- Utilize CAD and SolidWorks software to create detailed 3D models, simulations, and engineering drawings of reactor components and systems.
- Conduct structural and thermal analysis, fluid dynamics simulations, and stress testing to validate and optimize reactor designs.
- Identify and select appropriate materials for reactor components based on performance, cost, and environmental factors.
- Prepare detailed technical reports, specifications, and documentation for reactor designs, including BOMs (Bill of Materials).
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including electrical engineers, process engineers, and project managers, to ensure successful project execution.
- Implement quality control measures to ensure the highest design and manufacturing standards in compliance with industry regulations.
- Troubleshoot and address engineering challenges that may arise during reactor project design and construction phases.
- Stay updated on industry trends and advancements, contributing to continuously improving reactor design processes and methodologies.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience in mechanical design and engineering.
- Proficiency in CAD software (e.g., AutoCAD) and SolidWorks.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical engineering principles, thermodynamics, and fluid dynamics.
- Familiarity with relevant industry standards and regulations.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Effective communication and teamwork abilities.
- Detail-oriented and committed to delivering high-quality work.
- Professional Engineering (PE) license.
- Experience with finite element analysis (FEA) and computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulations.
- Knowledge of nuclear or chemical reactor systems.
- Project management skills.
Compensation and Benefits*
- Medical and dental insurance
- 3 weeks paid time off
- 7 company holidays and 2 floating holidays
- Competitive salary and equity package
- 401(k) plan
- Commuter Benefits
*Benefits are subject to change over time and may require employment in CA to be eligible
Nitricity Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sex, genetic information, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.