Sales Development Representative (SDR)
Working to solve our climate crisis is the most important mission of our time, and the most exciting problem to be working on. Overstory’s mission is to help solve our climate crisis by providing real-time intelligence about the planet’s vegetation. In our first step toward this mission, we are applying machine learning to satellite imagery to track forests and vegetation, helping to reduce the risk of wildfires and power outages.
We have already proven our business model and we’re all united behind our ambitious vision to scale up this model to help humanity and the planet. We recently raised a round of funding, led by Convective Capital. Other investors include: B Capital Group, Moxxie Ventures, Capital T, Pale Blue Dot and many other climate-focused investors.
If you want to have a real impact and solve some of the world's most complex challenges with advanced technology, come work with our talented and passionate team. Overstory is based in Amsterdam but we are a remote-first company, with people living all over the U.S. and Europe.
About this role
We’re looking for a Sales Development Representative to strengthen our sales team and help Overstory grow and thrive. We are looking for a highly motivated and driven individual to join our growing team. As SDR, you will develop new executive relationships, identify their unique challenges and secure new opportunities. In this remote position, you will work closely with our account executives as well as with our marketing and customer success team to engage prospects with a highly innovative SaaS solution in the climate and energy sector. You are creative and relentless in pursuing new connections high and wide and turning them into new opportunities.
You will be responsible for:
- Prospecting into strategic business accounts via research, cold calling, emailing, and social strategies
- Setting up qualified meetings for Account Executives
- Interacting with senior executives, doing discovery and uncovering pain points
- Preparing and delivering presentations and communicating value
- Creating opportunities at trade shows and industry events
By increasing your understanding of our target audience, the Overstory offering and sales motion, and proving success in the SDR role, you will have the opportunity to take on increased responsibilities and grow as a sales professional.
- 2+ years experience as an SDR at an enterprise SaaS/software company, with a proven track record
- Experience with a (Series A - Series C) startup environment
- Ideally, familiarity of the electric utility industry
- Experience working directly with clients / customers and internal sales teams
- You love working in a remote-first, fast-moving environment
What you get
- To be part of truly mission-driven work that reduces wildfires, protects earth’s natural resources and helps solve our climate crisis.
- Flexible working environment with a lot of autonomy. We build our work days around our lives, not the other way around.
- Other benefits like a remote working budget, an educational budget and time to develop new skills.
- To be surrounded by an excellent, vibrant, smart team who have each other's back and believe in a culture of openness, tolerance and respect.
- Equity and a competitive salary.
About our team
We are a group of 43 people from all over the world. Twelve nationalities are represented in our team. We work remotely from eight different countries and occasionally (optionally!) meet up for in-person collaboration.
Diversity & Inclusion
We place enormous value on diversity and inclusion and strive to continually bring in people of all genders, races, creeds, ethnicities, abilities and backgrounds. We believe that the best ideas emerge when people with different perspectives and approaches work together on a problem.
We’re always looking to diversify our team further, but we’re proud of the fact that four out of the eight people on our leadership team are female or non-white males, 40% of the overall team are female and 25% of the team are people of color. Our team speaks ten languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Luxembourgish, Indonesian and Cantonese.
Tackling the climate crisis is our greatest mission.
We act with urgency.
Our curiosity fuels our growth.
We recognize that change is constant, and we find joy and power in exploration.
We’re rooted in diversity.
Just as ecosystems need biodiversity to thrive, our resiliency comes from our differences.
We care for each other.
We love the power of machines but we nurture each other as humans.
Trust is fundamental.
We assume the best in everyone, and we share ideas openly so that we have a positive impact.