Carbon Project Success Manager (Remote)
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2023
Pachama is looking for a Carbon Project Success Manager to manage the implementation of our carbon projects across Mexico and the US. In this role you’ll be responsible, alongside our Origination Operations team, for planning, supporting and supervising execution of all project activities. You will help to design projects holistically, deepen our relationships with project partners, improve our standards and procedures, and ensure that our Originals projects are on track to issue the highest quality credits.
You are excited about this role if you love the idea of working on the ground with a diverse set of stakeholders to bring our complex projects to life. You have experience developing forest carbon projects, exceptional project management skills, and a hunger for impact.
This role is fully remote. However, being located in North America is required given that the role will involve frequent travel to project sites.
Who We Are:
Pachama is a mission-driven company looking to restore nature to help address climate change. Pachama brings the latest technology in remote sensing and AI to the world of forest carbon in order to enable forest conservation and restoration to scale. Pachama’s core technology harnesses satellite imaging with artificial intelligence to measure carbon captured in forests. Through the Pachama marketplace, responsible companies and individuals can connect with carbon credits from projects that are protecting and restoring forests worldwide.
What You Will Help Us With:
- Support project design activities for forest carbon projects, including working with project partners to develop implementation plans and landowner outreach strategies.
- Execute and/or supervise a range of tasks necessary at each phase of carbon project development: managing project progress and timelines, engaging with partners and other stakeholders, ensuring quality execution of tree planting and other project activities, defining and tracking project health metrics, and collecting and managing project data and documentation for future PDD development and validation.
- Source and manage contractors to execute project development tasks such as stakeholder engagement and forest inventory data collection.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to provide insights and learnings to shape the products and procedures for Pachama to scale to hundreds of Originals projects.
- Provide internal stakeholders, customers, investors and project partners with updates about projects.
Experience & Skills We're Looking For:
- University degree or equivalent experience in environmental science or other related fields.
- On-the-ground experience developing forest carbon projects, preferably under Verra for conservation and reforestation projects.
- Exceptional project management skills to define tasks, track progress and manage timelines
- Ability to communicate complex topics to non-technical audiences along with demonstrated partnership skills.
- Ability to effectively operate with flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving, ambiguous, team environment.
- Resourcefulness and tenacity with a strong sense of curiosity and passion for learning.
- Strong written and verbal communication in Spanish and English required.
- A willingness to travel
Even if you don’t meet all these requirements, we encourage you to apply if this job description excites you. We are looking for ambitious people to help make an impact on climate change. That purpose requires us to bring together a diverse set of people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and skills to create solutions that work for all.