Product Marketing (San Francisco)
Marketing & Communications, Product
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 16, 2022
Patch is the infrastructure powering the carbon market of the future. Patch software brings together corporate buyers, project developers, financiers, and policymakers to increase transparency and modernize climate action. We provide companies like Credit Suisse, Aviva, and Route access to the broadest network of vetted carbon credits available through direct purchases, multi-year offtake agreements, or in any digital transaction via APIs. We also provide software that enables carbon removal project developers and financiers like Carbon Streaming, Anew, Eion, and Brilliant Planet to manage their operations and grow their sales, so they can scale their climate impact.
Product Marketing plays a key role across the company to help us tell our story, arm our sellers, and launch products that align with our customers’ needs. Working closely with Product, Go to Market, and Supply teams, Product Marketers at Patch are a key part of driving our go-to-market strategy, creating compelling messaging, spearheading campaigns to drive growth, and helping us get smart about the market opportunity. We are seeking a Product Marketing Lead who will translate market understanding into value propositions that connect with buyers while working alongside passionate veterans across tech and climate.
What You’ll Do:
- Create go-to-market strategies for a specific customer segment and product area that you will own
- Develop positioning and messaging informed by market insights, customer research, and climate + product understanding
- Deeply understand and develop detailed profiles for our ideal customers by actually talking to them, listening to their needs, and identifying strategies to reach them
- Work alongside our product team to do market discovery, understand and qualify gaps and opportunities, develop launch strategies and positioning for product roadmaps
- Conduct industry research for new product opportunities, including deep quantitative, qualitative, and market analysis to inform positioning and go-to-market strategies
- Deliver exceptional sales enablement tools and create content to arm our sellers with what they need to sell more effectively
- Create content that speaks to our key audiences across various Patch channels, including but not limited to short-form web content, long-form leave-behinds, case studies, videos, social stories, and more
- Collaborate closely across the Marketing team, including a team of seasoned product marketers, product, sales, and policy teams, and Patch partners
Who You Are:
- A consummate professional. You are a seasoned Product Marketer that has experience driving impactful product launches, campaigns, market analysis, strategy development, and content at a high-growth B2B Marketplace or SaaS company
- A natural storyteller. You have expert skills in creating compelling content that tells human stories.
- An eternal optimist. You are passionate about climate, climate tech, carbon management ecosystems, or #science and believe you can impact change
- A relentless builder. You are persistent, scrappy, and resourceful. You have a high adversity quotient and are a lifelong learner.
- A direct translator. You have a knack for technology and distilling complex concepts into human language.
- An active listener. Excel at understanding and empathizing with customer challenges, and developing compelling value propositions for diverse audiences
- You are located and able to work from San Francisco, California, and also willing and able to occasionally visit customers or suppliers and attend in-person events
- Work with the most talented team in climate tech
- Competitive compensation and meaningful equity
- Monthly wellness stipend for mental and physical health
- Time-off as-needed vacation policy
- Generous parental leave policy
- The base salary for this role if filled within the United States is $140,000-$200,000. Full-time employees will also be eligible for equity and insurance. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to demonstrated skill set, years and depth of relevant experience, location and some role-dependent factors.
- If you are extended an offer, that offer may be contingent upon your successful completion of a background check, which will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.
Commitment to Diversity:
Patch is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant, candidate, or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.