4.1. Senior Analytical Research Scientist
Burlington, MA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 3, 2022
About Phoenix Tailings:
Phoenix Tailings is a rapidly growing clean mining and metals production startup dedicated to sustainable and economic critical metals production. Our mission is to be the world's first fully clean mining and metals production company, producing the resources needed for the next generation of our economy.
Why Phoenix Tailings:
At Phoenix, we believe that nothing great is ever accomplished alone or without the passion of people who push and motivate one another. If you are someone who shares our relentless pursuit of a better future, passion for innovation, and are excited about working with some of the top innovators in the world, then this is the place for you.
● You are only crazy if you are wrong, it’s ok to be wrong
● Lead with Compassion
● Be Resourceful
- Standard Setting: Develop and establish standards and protocols for analytical testing methods using state-of-the-art equipment, including ICP, XRF, and other advanced instrumentation.
- Method Development: Lead the development of advanced analytical methods to meet the company's evolving needs and industry standards.
- Quality Assurance: Ensure that all analytical tests adhere to the highest standards of accuracy, precision, and reliability.
- Technical Expertise: Serve as the company's subject matter expert on analytical equipment and techniques, providing guidance and training to junior scientists.
- Innovation: Stay abreast of emerging technologies and methodologies to continuously improve and advance our analytical capabilities.
- Collaboration: Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including R&D, product development, and quality control, to support product innovation and improvement efforts.
- Continuous Improvement: Drive continuous improvement initiatives within the analytical department to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, or a related field.
- Analytical Expertise: Extensive hands-on experience with analytical equipment, including ICP, XRF, and other advanced instrumentation.
- Standard Setting: Proven track record of developing and implementing analytical standards and protocols.
- Quality Focus: A commitment to maintaining the highest standards of data quality, accuracy, and reliability.
- Technical Leadership: Strong leadership and mentoring skills, with the ability to guide and train junior scientists.
- Innovation: A passion for innovation and a keen interest in staying up-to-date with cutting-edge analytical technologies.
We offer a competitive compensation package that is based on expertise. We also offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare, we care about you and your family: 100% Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing venture-backed company.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events and celebrations.
- Learning: Learning & Development Opportunities to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, kind people committed to making a difference!
- Flexible culture: We are results-focused. We don’t work at the office every day.
At Phoenix Tailings, we have an open culture that values learning, and we are looking to grow the team with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of sustainable mining.
Phoenix Tailings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity at all levels. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable protected characteristics, and these characteristics will not be a factor for consideration of any work-related decisions (including but not limited to hiring, firing, compensation, and discipline).