6.2. VP of Finance
Accounting & Finance
Burlington, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, June 23, 2022
About Phoenix Tailings
Phoenix Tailings is a rapidly growing clean mining and metals production startup dedicated to sustainable and economic critical metals production. Our mission is to be the world's first fully clean mining and metals production company, producing the resources needed for the next generation of our economy.
Why Phoenix Tailings
At Phoenix, we believe that nothing great is ever accomplished alone or without the passion of people who push and motivate one another. If you are someone who shares our relentless pursuit of a better future, passion for innovation, and are excited about working with some of the top innovators in the world, then this is the place for you.
● You are only crazy if you are wrong, it’s ok to be wrong
● Lead with Compassion
● Be Resourceful
- Develop and implement the company's financial strategy to support its growth and long-term financial objectives.
- Oversee financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting processes to ensure accurate and timely financial analysis.
- Provide financial guidance to executive leadership and support decision-making on strategic initiatives.
- Lead financial reporting and analysis to provide insights into the company's performance and drive data-driven decision-making.
- Manage the financial risk and compliance, ensuring adherence to regulatory requirements and internal policies.
- Collaborate with the CFO in determining the best capital structure for the business and securing project finance, equity, and debt.
- Monitor and optimize the company's cash flow and working capital management.
- Evaluate and implement financial systems and processes to enhance efficiency and accuracy in financial operations.
- Lead and mentor the finance team, fostering a culture of continuous learning and professional development.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or a related field. MBA or advanced financial certifications (e.g., CFA) are a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in finance and accounting, with at least 5 years in a senior financial leadership role.
- Strong knowledge of financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting processes.
- Demonstrated experience in financial reporting and analysis, with the ability to provide strategic insights.
- Proven track record of financial risk management and compliance.
- Experience in securing project finance, equity, and debt for complex projects is advantageous.
- Strong leadership and communication skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Strategic mindset with the ability to align financial objectives with the company's mission and vision.
We offer a competitive compensation package that is based on expertise. We also offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare, we care about you and your family: 100% Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing venture-backed company.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, and celebrations.
- Learning: Learning and development Opportunities to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, kind people committed to making a difference!
- Flexible culture: We are results-focused. We don’t work at the office every day.
At Phoenix Tailings, we have an open culture that values learning, and we are looking to grow the team with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of sustainable mining.
Phoenix Tailings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity at all levels. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable protected characteristics, and these characteristics will not be a factor for consideration of any work-related decisions (including but not limited to hiring, firing, compensation, and discipline).