4.1. Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Accounting & Finance
Burlington, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, December 2, 2022
About Phoenix Tailings
Phoenix Tailings is a rapidly growing clean mining and metals production startup dedicated to sustainable and economic critical metals production. Our mission is to be the world's first fully clean mining and metals production company, producing the resources needed for the next generation of our economy.
Why Phoenix Tailings
At Phoenix, we believe that nothing great is ever accomplished alone or without the passion of people who push and motivate one another. If you are someone who shares our relentless pursuit of a better future, passion for innovation, and are excited about working with some of the top innovators in the world, then this is the place for you.
● You are only crazy if you are wrong
● It’s ok to be wrong
● Lead with Compassion
● Be Resourceful
Who We Are Looking For:
Phoenix Tailings is seeking a Chief Financial Officer who is looking for a career where they can make a significant impact on the world. We encourage applications from individuals who are passionate about sustainability and innovation, and who have a proven track record managing external partnerships and investor relations.
The successful candidate will be a leader, a team player, and a mentor, bringing expertise and positive influence to our diverse and talented team.
- Financial Planning and Analysis: Lead the development and implementation of comprehensive financial plans, including budgeting, forecasting, and scenario analysis. Collaborate with department heads to align financial objectives with business strategies.
- Capital Management: Oversee capital allocation, investment decisions, and fundraising efforts. Work closely with stakeholders to identify opportunities for raising capital while optimizing the capital structure.
- Risk Management: Develop and implement risk management strategies to protect the company's financial interests. Assess and mitigate financial risks related to commodity price fluctuations, regulatory changes, and market dynamics in the natural resources sector.
- Financial Reporting and Compliance: Ensure accurate and timely financial reporting in accordance with industry standards and regulatory requirements. Provide insightful analysis of financial performance to inform decision-making at all levels of the organization.
- Investor Relations: Cultivate relationships with investors, analysts, and financial institutions. Act as a primary point of contact for investor inquiries and maintain transparency in all financial communications.
- Strategic Financial Leadership: Collaborate with the executive team to develop and execute long-term financial strategies that support sustainable growth and profitability. Offer financial insights on potential mergers, acquisitions, and strategic partnerships in the natural resources industry.
- Treasury Management: Manage cash flow, liquidity, and currency exposure. Implement effective treasury management practices to optimize cash utilization and minimize financial risks.
- Compliance and Governance: Ensure compliance with financial regulations, tax laws, and reporting requirements specific to the natural resources sector. Uphold the highest standards of corporate governance and ethics.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field. An MBA or advanced finance-related degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in financial leadership roles, with significant exposure to the natural resources industry.
- Demonstrated track record of success in financial planning, analysis, and capital management within the natural resources sector.
- Proven ability to develop and implement financial strategies that drive growth and maximize shareholder value.
- Strong understanding of commodity markets, natural resources supply chains, and industry-specific financial challenges.
- Excellent analytical skills, strategic thinking, and problem-solving abilities.
- Effective communicator with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders, investors, and team members.
- Experience in managing financial operations in an environmentally responsible and sustainable manner is highly valued.
We offer a competitive compensation package that is based on expertise. We also offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare: 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing venture-backed company.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, annual retreats, and celebrations.
- Learning: Learning & Development Opportunities to grow your skills and career.
- Great Team: Working with fun, hard-working, kind people committed to making a difference!
- Flexible Culture: We are results-focused. We don’t work at the office every day.
At Phoenix Tailings, we have an open culture that values learning, and we are looking to grow the team with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of sustainable mining.
Phoenix Tailings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity at all levels. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable protected characteristics, and these characteristics will not be a factor for consideration of any work-related decisions (including but not limited to hiring, firing, compensation, and discipline).