1.3. Principal Mechanical Engineer
Burlington, MA, USA
Posted on Monday, January 30, 2023
About Phoenix Tailings
Phoenix Tailings is a rapidly growing clean mining and metals production startup dedicated to sustainable and economic critical metals production. Our mission is to be the world's first fully clean mining and metals production company, producing the resources needed for the next generation of our economy. We are seeking a Principal Mechanical Engineer to lead the design and development of innovative critical metals production systems and scale up existing processes to support our growth.
Why Phoenix Tailings
At Phoenix, we believe that nothing great is ever accomplished alone or without the passion of people who push and motivate one another. If you are someone who shares our relentless pursuit of a better future, passion for innovation, and are excited about working with some of the top innovators in the world, then this is the place for you.
● You are only crazy if you are wrong
● It’s ok to be wrong
● Lead with Compassion
● Be Resourceful
Learn more: Here
Who We Are Looking For:
Phoenix Tailings is seeking a Principal Mechanical Engineer who is not just looking for a job, but a career where they can make a significant impact on the world. We encourage applications from individuals who are passionate about sustainability, innovation, and have a proven track record of designing mechanical systems for high-temperature and complex processes.
The successful candidate will be a leader, a team player, and a mentor, bringing expertise and positive influence to our diverse and talented team. At Phoenix Tailings, we believe in empowering women in engineering and strongly encourage women to apply.
- Lead mechanical design and development of critical metals production systems and scale up existing processes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to optimize and improve process technology.
- Create and update detailed mechanical designs, equipment layouts, and technical drawings using 3D modeling software and CAD tools.
- Conduct technical reviews, identify and resolve issues, and ensure safety, reliability, and cost-effectiveness of designs and systems.
- Manage project timelines and budgets, communicate progress and results, and stay up-to-date with industry trends and technologies.
- Work with procurement and supply chain teams to source materials, components, and equipment.
- Mentor and guide junior engineers on the team, fostering an environment of learning and growth.
As a Principal Mechanical Engineer at Phoenix Tailings, you will be responsible for driving the mechanical design and development of critical metals production systems while ensuring safe, reliable, and cost-effective solutions.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in mechanical design and engineering.
- Proven experience in designing complex mechanical systems, preferably in high-temperature electrochemical processes.
- Experience with 3D modeling software and CAD tools.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
We offer a competitive compensation package that is based on expertise. We also offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare, we care about you and your family: 100% Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing venture-backed company.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, annual retreats, and celebrations.
- Learning: Learning & Development Opportunities to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, kind people committed to making a difference!
- Flexible culture: We are results-focused. We don’t work at the office every day.
At Phoenix Tailings, we have an open culture that values learning, and we are looking to grow the team with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of sustainable mining.
Phoenix Tailings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity at all levels. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable protected characteristics, and these characteristics will not be a factor for consideration of any work-related decisions (including but not limited to hiring, firing, compensation, and discipline).