3.4. Manufacturing Technician
Burlington, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2023
About Phoenix Tailings
Phoenix Tailings is a rapidly growing clean mining and metals production startup dedicated to sustainable and economic critical metals production. Our mission is to be the world's first fully clean mining and metals production company, producing the resources needed for the next generation of our economy.
Why Phoenix Tailings
At Phoenix, we believe that nothing great is ever accomplished alone or without the passion of people who push and motivate one another. If you are someone who shares our relentless pursuit of a better future, passion for innovation, and are excited about working with some of the top innovators in the world, then this is the place for you.
● You are only crazy if you are wrong
● It’s ok to be wrong
● Lead with Compassion
● Be Resourceful
Learn more: Here
Who We Are Looking For:
Phoenix Tailings is seeking a Manufacturing Technician who is looking for a career where they can make a significant impact on the world. We encourage applications from individuals who are passionate about sustainability, innovation, and have a proven track record of designing mechanical systems for high-temperature and complex processes.
The successful candidate will be a leader, a team player, and a mentor, bringing expertise and positive influence to our diverse and talented team.
- Build, assemble, and install metallurgical equipment according to engineering specifications and standard operating procedures.
- Conduct routine maintenance and inspections to ensure the optimal performance of the equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment malfunctions promptly to minimize downtime and maintain operational efficiency.
- Operate the metallurgical equipment with precision and attention to safety and quality standards.
- Collaborate with the engineering and research teams to provide feedback on equipment performance and suggest improvements.
- Follow safety protocols and maintain a clean and organized work environment to prevent accidents and hazards.
- Ensure proper documentation of equipment maintenance, repair activities, and operational logs.
- Assist in the procurement and inventory management of equipment components and spare parts.
- Train and mentor junior technicians on equipment operation, maintenance, and safety procedures.
- Adhere to company policies, environmental regulations, and ethical standards in all aspects of work.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Technical or vocational training in metallurgical equipment maintenance or related fields is a plus.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of hands-on experience in building, maintaining, and repairing metallurgical equipment.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and familiarity with metallurgical processes and equipment functionality.
- Ability to lift and carry heavy equipment and components, up to 40lbs, for extended periods of time.
- Detail-oriented with excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of safety protocols and procedures in an industrial setting.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
We offer a competitive compensation package that is based on expertise. We also offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare, we care about you and your family: 100% Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, annual retreats, and celebrations.
- Learning: Learning & Development Opportunities to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, kind people committed to making a difference!
At Phoenix Tailings, we have an open culture that values learning, and we are looking to grow the team with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of sustainable mining.
Phoenix Tailings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity at all levels. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable protected characteristics, and these characteristics will not be a factor for consideration of any work-related decisions (including but not limited to hiring, firing, compensation, and discipline).