2.1. Senior Hydrometallurgical Scientist
Woburn, MA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2023
About Phoenix Tailings
Phoenix Tailings is a rapidly growing clean mining and metals production startup dedicated to sustainable and economic critical metals production. Our mission is to be the world's first fully clean mining and metals production company, producing the resources needed for the next generation of our economy.
Why Phoenix Tailings
At Phoenix, we believe that nothing great is ever accomplished alone or without the passion of people who push and motivate one another. If you are someone who shares our relentless pursuit of a better future, passion for innovation, and are excited about working with some of the top innovators in the world, then this is the place for you.
● You are only crazy if you are wrong
● It’s ok to be wrong
● Lead with Compassion
● Be Resourceful
Learn more: Here
Who We Are Looking For:
Phoenix Tailings is seeking a Senior Hydrometallurgical Scientist who is looking for a career where they can make a significant impact on the world. We encourage applications from individuals who are passionate about sustainability, innovation, and have a proven track record of designing mechanical systems for high-temperature and complex processes.
The successful candidate will be a leader, a team player, and a mentor, bringing expertise and positive influence to our diverse and talented team.
- Lead research and development initiatives in hydrometallurgical processes for metal extraction and recovery.
- Design and conduct laboratory-scale experiments to develop and optimize sustainable hydrometallurgical methods.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate hydrometallurgical processes into the overall metals production operations.
- Continuously improve existing processes to enhance metal recovery efficiency and reduce environmental impact.
- Evaluate and implement emerging technologies to drive the advancement of solvent extraction practices.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to junior scientists and researchers.
- Ensure compliance with environmental regulations and promote responsible mining practices.
- Participate in scientific publications and industry conferences to share research findings and advancements.
- Ph.D. in Hydrometallurgy, Minerals Processing, Chemical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, or related fields.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of relevant experience in hydrometallurgical process development and optimization.
- Proven expertise in sustainable metal extraction and recovery methods.
- Strong knowledge of environmental regulations and sustainable mining practices.
- Proficiency in process simulation software and materials characterization techniques.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Effective communication and collaboration abilities, fostering teamwork and knowledge sharing.
We offer a competitive compensation package that is based on expertise. We also offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare: 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing venture-backed company.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, annual retreats, and celebrations.
- Learning: Learning & Development Opportunities to grow your skills and career.
- Great Team: Working with fun, hard-working, kind people committed to making a difference!
- Flexible Culture: We are results-focused. We don’t work at the office every day.
At Phoenix Tailings, we have an open culture that values learning, and we are looking to grow the team with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of sustainable mining.
Phoenix Tailings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity at all levels. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable protected characteristics, and these characteristics will not be a factor for consideration of any work-related decisions (including but not limited to hiring, firing, compensation, and discipline).