3.2. Refining Managing Director
Burlington, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, July 22, 2023
About Phoenix Tailings:
Phoenix Tailings is a rapidly growing clean mining and metals production startup dedicated to sustainable and economic critical metals production. Our mission is to be the world's first fully clean mining and metals production company, producing the resources needed for the next generation of our economy.
Why Phoenix Tailings:
At Phoenix, we believe that nothing great is ever accomplished alone or without the passion of people who push and motivate one another. If you are someone who shares our relentless pursuit of a better future, passion for innovation, and are excited about working with some of the top innovators in the world, then this is the place for you.
● You are only crazy if you are wrong
● It’s ok to be wrong
● Lead with Compassion
● Be Resourceful
Who We Are Looking For:
Phoenix Tailings is seeking an exceptional Refining Managing Director with a strong focus on refining processes for critical metals. We are looking for a dynamic individual who is passionate about sustainability, innovation and possesses a proven track record in designing mechanical systems for high-temperature and complex critical metals refining.
- Refining Process Optimization: Lead and refine the critical metals extraction and processing operations, ensuring top-quality output and efficiency.
- EHS Leadership: Develop and implement comprehensive EHS programs, setting the industry standard for safety and environmental responsibility throughout the refining facilities.
- Regulatory Compliance: Ensure strict adherence to environmental regulations, health and safety standards, and permitting requirements, fostering positive relationships with regulatory agencies.
- Talent Development: Mentor and inspire the refining team, fostering a culture of excellence and continuous learning.
- Sustainability Focus: Champion sustainable practices in refining processes, waste management, and resource utilization to minimize the environmental impact.
- Innovation: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and implement cutting-edge technologies and best practices in critical metals refining.
- Risk Management: Proactively identify potential hazards, conduct risk assessments, and lead incident investigations to prevent accidents and ensure a safe working environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Metallurgical Engineering, or related fields.
- 5-7 years of experience in critical metals refining, with a focus on EHS management and process optimization.
- Strong knowledge of environmental regulations, health and safety standards, and industry best practices.
- Proven track record of successfully designing mechanical systems and implementing EHS programs.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate teams.
- Experience in stakeholder engagement and regulatory interactions.
- A passion for sustainability, safety, and environmental responsibility in critical metals refining.
- Professional certifications such as CSP, CIH, or CPEA are a plus.
We offer a competitive compensation package that is based on expertise. We also offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare, we care about you and your family: 100% Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing venture-backed company.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, annual retreats, and celebrations.
- Learning: Learning & Development Opportunities to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, kind people committed to making a difference!
- Flexible culture: We are results-focused. We don’t work at the office every day.
At Phoenix Tailings, we have an open culture that values learning, and we are looking to grow the team with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of sustainable mining.
Phoenix Tailings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity at all levels. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable protected characteristics, and these characteristics will not be a factor for consideration of any work-related decisions (including but not limited to hiring, firing, compensation, and discipline).