1.3. Senior Chemical Engineer - Separation
Burlington, MA, USA
Posted on Monday, July 24, 2023
About Phoenix Tailings
Phoenix Tailings is a rapidly growing clean mining and metals production startup dedicated to sustainable and economic critical metals production. Our mission is to be the world's first fully clean mining and metals production company, producing the resources needed for the next generation of our economy. We are seeking a Senior Chemical Engineer to lead the design and development of innovative critical metals production systems and scale up existing processes to support our growth.
Why Phoenix Tailings
At Phoenix, we believe that nothing great is ever accomplished alone or without the passion of people who push and motivate one another. If you are someone who shares our relentless pursuit of a better future, passion for innovation, and are excited about working with some of the top innovators in the world, then this is the place for you.
● You are only crazy if you are wrong, it’s ok to be wrong
● Lead with Compassion
● Be Resourceful
- Process Optimization: Identify opportunities for process improvements to enhance production efficiency, reduce costs, and increase rare earth recovery rates.
- Innovative Design Leadership: Collaborate with cross-functional teams and provide design leadership to develop and implement innovative solutions that align with our sustainability and environmental goals.
- Data Analysis: Conduct thorough data analysis and modeling to evaluate process performance, troubleshoot issues, and recommend changes or improvements as necessary.
- Safety and Compliance: Ensure that all chemical processes and systems comply with relevant safety and environmental regulations, maintaining a strong focus on safety culture.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Chemical Engineering or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in chemical engineering, with a focus on recycling or chemical processes and systems, and scaling up production processes.
- Experience with designing and optimizing chemical processes and systems for critical metals production.
- Experience leading and mentoring teams of chemical engineers.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to analyze data, identify trends, and recommend changes or improvements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
We offer a competitive compensation package that is based on expertise. We also offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare, we care about you and your family: 100% Medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing venture-backed company.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, and celebrations.
- Learning: Learning and development Opportunities to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, kind people committed to making a difference!
- Flexible culture: We are results-focused. We don’t work at the office every day.
At Phoenix Tailings, we have an open culture that values learning, and we are looking to grow the team with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of sustainable mining.
Phoenix Tailings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity at all levels. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable protected characteristics, and these characteristics will not be a factor for consideration of any work-related decisions (including but not limited to hiring, firing, compensation, and discipline).