1.4. Chemical Engineer - Separation
Burlington, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 4, 2023
About Phoenix Tailings:
Phoenix Tailings is a rapidly growing clean mining and metals production startup dedicated to sustainable and economic critical metals production. Our mission is to be the world's first fully clean mining and metals production company, producing the resources needed for the next generation of our economy.
Why Phoenix Tailings:
At Phoenix, we believe that nothing great is ever accomplished alone or without the passion of people who push and motivate one another. If you are someone who shares our relentless pursuit of a better future, passion for innovation, and are excited about working with some of the top innovators in the world, then this is the place for you.
● You are only crazy if you are wrong, it’s ok to be wrong
● Lead with Compassion
● Be Resourceful
- Solvent Extraction Process Design: Design and develop solvent extraction processes for various applications, including conceptualization, equipment selection, and process flow diagrams.
- Process Optimization: Continuously analyze and improve existing solvent extraction processes to enhance production efficiency, reduce costs, and minimize environmental impact.
- Data Analysis: Collect, analyze, and interpret data from solvent extraction experiments and production processes to make data-driven decisions and recommendations.
- Laboratory Experiments: Plan and conduct laboratory experiments to test and validate new solvent extraction processes, materials, and technologies.
- Safety and Compliance: Ensure that all solvent extraction processes adhere to safety protocols, quality standards, and relevant regulatory requirements.
- Equipment Selection: Collaborate with teams to select and specify equipment, instrumentation, and materials required for solvent extraction processes.
- Documentation: Maintain detailed records, documentation, and reports related to solvent extraction experiments, processes, and outcomes.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Work closely with multidisciplinary teams, including other engineers, researchers, and technicians, to achieve project goals.
- Educational Background: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Materials Engineering or a related field.
- Experience: 2+ years of experience in materials engineering within metals production or a related sector, particularly in high-temperature production environments.
- Technical Proficiency: Familiarity with materials behavior under high-temperature conditions and its implications on metals production processes.
- Analytical Skills: Strong analytical skills, with the ability to analyze data, identify trends, and propose materials solutions that enhance production efficiency and sustainability.
- Communication Skills: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
We offer a competitive compensation package that is based on expertise. We also offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare, we care about you and your family: 100% Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing venture-backed company.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, and celebrations.
- Learning: Learning & Development Opportunities to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, kind people committed to making a difference!
- Flexible culture: We are results-focused. We don’t work at the office every day.
Phoenix Tailings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity at all levels. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other applicable protected characteristics. These characteristics will not be a factor for consideration of any work-related decisions, including but not limited to hiring, firing, compensation, and discipline.