4.2. Senior Electrometallurgical Scientist
Burlington, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 4, 2023
About Phoenix Tailings
Phoenix Tailings is a rapidly growing clean mining and metals production startup dedicated to sustainable and economic critical metals production. Our mission is to be the world's first fully clean mining and metals production company, producing the resources needed for the next generation of our economy.
Why Phoenix Tailings
At Phoenix, we believe that nothing great is ever accomplished alone or without the passion of people who push and motivate one another. If you are someone who shares our relentless pursuit of a better future, passion for innovation, and are excited about working with some of the top innovators in the world, then this is the place for you.
● You are only crazy if you are wrong, it’s ok to be wrong
● Lead with Compassion
● Be Resourceful
- Spearhead the design, development, and optimization of electrometallurgical cells/systems for sustainable metal extraction, refining, and recovery.
- Conduct advanced electrometallurgical testing and characterization to identify performance-limiting factors and propose innovative solutions.
- Develop and implement testing protocols to evaluate the electrometallurgical performance and lifetime of various materials and systems in sustainable metals production contexts.
- Mentor and provide technical leadership to a team of electrometallurgists and technicians, fostering a culture of continuous learning and innovation.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineers to accomplish project objectives, ensuring the electrometallurgical team’s alignment with overall project goals.
- Stay updated on recent advancements in the field of electrometallurgy, especially as it pertains to sustainable metals production, and propose innovative techniques and methodologies to enhance our projects.
- Work closely with material scientists to develop novel materials and to understand their performance relationships in electrometallurgical systems related to sustainable metals production.
- Lead efforts in writing patents, technical reports, and scholarly publications to disseminate findings and maintain Phoenix Tailings' technical standing in the field of electrometallurgy as applied to sustainable metals production.
- Contribute to project planning, budgeting, and resource allocation to ensure the timely and successful completion of project milestones, overseeing the electrometallurgical team’s deliverables.
- Maintain a safe, organized, and effective laboratory environment compliant with safety policies and guidelines, promoting safety awareness within the electrometallurgical team
- Ph.D. in Metallurgy, Electrochemistry, Materials Science, or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of postdoctoral industrial or research experience in electrometallurgy with a focus on sustainable metals production, with at least 2 years in a leadership or senior role.
- Strong understanding of electrometallurgical techniques as they pertain to sustainable metal extraction and refining.
- Proficiency in using electrometallurgical characterization tools and equipment.
- Proven experience in designing and optimizing electrometallurgical cells/systems for sustainable metals production.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with statistical analysis and design of experiments is a plus.
- Proficient in data analysis software such as Origin or equivalent
We offer a competitive compensation package that is based on expertise. We also offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare, we care about you and your family: 100% Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing venture-backed company.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, and celebrations.
- Learning: Learning and development Opportunities to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, kind people committed to making a difference!
- Flexible culture: We are results-focused. We don’t work at the office every day.
At Phoenix Tailings, we have an open culture that values learning, and we are looking to grow the team with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of sustainable mining.
Phoenix Tailings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity at all levels. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable protected characteristics, and these characteristics will not be a factor for consideration of any work-related decisions (including but not limited to hiring, firing, compensation, and discipline).