1.1. Director of Separation Engineering
Burlington, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 8, 2023
About Phoenix Tailings
Phoenix Tailings is a rapidly growing clean mining and metals production startup dedicated to sustainable and economic critical metals production. Our mission is to be the world's first fully clean mining and metals production company, producing the resources needed for the next generation of our economy. We are seeking a Director of Separation Engineering to lead the design and development of innovative critical metals production systems and scale up existing processes to support our growth.
Why Phoenix Tailings
At Phoenix, we believe that nothing great is ever accomplished alone or without the passion of people who push and motivate one another. If you are someone who shares our relentless pursuit of a better future, passion for innovation, and are excited about working with some of the top innovators in the world, then this is the place for you.
● You are only crazy if you are wrong, it’s ok to be wrong
● Lead with Compassion
● Be Resourceful
- Strategic Leadership: Develop and implement a comprehensive strategy for rare earth solvent extraction that aligns with the company's goals and objectives.
- Operational Oversight: Provide holistic oversight of the entire rare earth extraction process, including the innovative solvent extraction plant, to optimize production efficiency, quality, and sustainability.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including engineering, research and development, and environmental compliance, to ensure seamless integration and alignment of efforts.
- Innovation and Design Leadership: Drive innovation in rare earth extraction processes and provide design leadership to develop and implement cutting-edge solutions for improved efficiency and environmental performance.
- Data-Driven Decision-Making: Utilize data analysis and modeling to make informed decisions, troubleshoot operational issues, and drive continuous improvements.
- Safety and Compliance: Ensure that all chemical processes and systems comply with relevant safety and environmental regulations, maintaining a strong focus on safety culture.
- Resource Management: Manage budgets, resources, and timelines to meet production goals and support company growth
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Chemical Engineering or related field.
- Proven experience in process engineering, particularly in solvent extraction for rare earth metals.
- Strong leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to provide strategic oversight and direction.
- Proficiency in process simulation software and data analysis tools.
- In-depth knowledge of safety standards and environmental regulations related to chemical processing.
- Innovative mindset with a track record of successfully scaling up industrial processes and providing design leadership.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, and strategic planning skills
We offer a competitive compensation package that is based on expertise. We also offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare, we care about you and your family: 100% Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing venture-backed company.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, and celebrations.
- Learning: Learning & Development Opportunities to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, kind people committed to making a difference!
- Flexible culture: We are results-focused. We don’t work at the office every day.
At Phoenix Tailings, we have an open culture that values learning, and we are looking to grow the team with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of sustainable mining.
Phoenix Tailings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity at all levels. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable protected characteristics, and these characteristics will not be a factor for consideration of any work-related decisions (including but not limited to hiring, firing, compensation, and discipline).