3.1. Director of Minerals Processing
Burlington, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 8, 2023
About Phoenix Tailings
Phoenix Tailings is a rapidly growing clean mining and metals production startup dedicated to sustainable and economic critical metals production. Our mission is to be the world's first fully clean mining and metals production company, producing the resources needed for the next generation of our economy.
Why Phoenix Tailings
At Phoenix, we believe that nothing great is ever accomplished alone or without the passion of people who push and motivate one another. If you are someone who shares our relentless pursuit of a better future, passion for innovation, and are excited about working with some of the top innovators in the world, then this is the place for you.
● You are only crazy if you are wrong, it’s ok to be wrong
● Lead with Compassion
● Be Resourceful
- Strategic Leadership: Develop and execute a comprehensive strategy for mineral processing with a specific focus on harvesting rare earths, iron, nickel, and other valuable products from tailings and ores. Align the strategy with the company's objectives and sustainability goals.
- Operational Oversight: Provide holistic oversight of all mineral processing operations, including hydrometallurgical processes, to optimize recovery efficiency, product quality, and sustainability.
- Tailings Recovery: Lead efforts to recover valuable materials from tailings, including rare earths, nickel, and other key products, by designing and implementing innovative processes and technologies.
- Hydrometallurgy Expertise: Leverage your expertise in hydrometallurgical techniques to optimize the extraction and recovery of target minerals and metals.
- Concentrate Recovery: Implement efficient methods for recovering concentrates from ores, maximizing resource utilization and minimizing waste.
- Safety and Compliance: Ensure that all mineral processing activities comply with safety protocols, quality standards, and relevant regulatory requirements, emphasizing a strong safety culture.
- Resource Management: Manage budgets, resources, and timelines effectively to meet production targets, support company growth, and maximize resource recovery.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate closely with multidisciplinary teams, including geologists, engineers, and environmental experts, to achieve project goals and advance research and development initiatives.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mineral Processing, Metallurgical Engineering, or a related field.
- Substantial experience in mineral processing operations, with a proven track record of leadership and strategic planning.
- Expertise in hydrometallurgical techniques and processes, particularly related to rare earths and nickel extraction.
- In-depth knowledge of mineral processing principles, techniques, and equipment.
- Familiarity with safety standards, environmental regulations, and sustainability practices in mineral processing.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and project management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
We offer a competitive compensation package that is based on expertise. We also offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare, we care about you and your family: 100% Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing venture-backed company.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events and celebrations.
- Learning: Learning & Development Opportunities to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, kind people committed to making a difference!
- Flexible culture: We are results-focused. We don’t work at the office every day.
At Phoenix Tailings, we have an open culture that values learning, and we are looking to grow the team with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of sustainable mining.
Phoenix Tailings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity at all levels. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable protected characteristics, and these characteristics will not be a factor for consideration of any work-related decisions (including but not limited to hiring, firing, compensation, and discipline).