4.1. Senior Mineral Processing Engineer
Burlington, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2024
About Phoenix Tailings
Phoenix Tailings is a rapidly growing clean mining and metals production startup dedicated to sustainable and economic critical metals production. Our mission is to be the world's first fully clean mining and metals production company, producing the resources needed for the next generation of our economy.
Why Phoenix Tailings
At Phoenix, we believe that nothing great is ever accomplished alone or without the passion of people who push and motivate one another. If you are someone who shares our relentless pursuit of a better future, passion for innovation, and are excited about working with some of the top innovators in the world, then this is the place for you.
● You are only crazy if you are wrong, it’s ok to be wrong
● Lead with Compassion
● Be Resourceful
Become the champion of sustainable resource recovery by leading the extraction of valuable minerals from tailings!
We are seeking a highly motivated and results-oriented Senior Mineral Processing Engineer to join our dynamic team dedicated to extracting critical rare earths, iron, and other valuable minerals from mine tailings. You will play a pivotal role in developing and optimizing innovative processing solutions, driving efficiency, and minimizing environmental impact, contributing to a more sustainable future for the mining industry.
- Lead the design and planning of mineral processing systems, including selecting equipment, specifying processes, and creating engineering designs.
- Manage the entire project lifecycle, including installation and commissioning, ensuring they meet project objectives and timelines.
- Implement quality control measures to maintain and enhance mineral product quality and consistency throughout the process.
- Champion environmentally sustainable practices within mineral processing, focusing on waste reduction, water management, emissions control, and resource conservation.
- Analyze data from mineral processing operations to identify areas for improvement, innovation, and cost savings.
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement state-of-the-art equipment, tools, and technology to meet production goals while adhering to environmental standards.
- Conduct laboratory and pilot-scale experiments to test and validate new mineral processing methods and technologies.
- Ensure strict adherence to all safety, environmental, and industry regulations and standards in mineral processing operations.
- Maintain meticulous records, reports, and documentation related to process development, improvements, and quality control.
- Lead and mentor cross-functional teams, including process engineers, geologists, operations, and maintenance staff, to achieve mineral processing.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering, Mining Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, or a related field.
- 7-15 years of experience in a process engineering role with a focus on design, installation, and commissioning.
- Proficiency in project management, data analysis, process optimization, and design.
- Proven experience in promoting and implementing environmentally sustainable practices in mineral processing.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and a strong commitment to safety and quality.
- Outstanding communication and leadership abilities.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects with tight deadlines.
We offer a competitive compensation package that is based on expertise. We also offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare, we care about you and your family: 100% Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing venture-backed company.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, and celebrations.
- Learning: Learning & Development Opportunities to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, kind people committed to making a difference!
- Flexible culture: We are results-focused. We don’t work at the office every day.
At Phoenix Tailings, we have an open culture that values learning, and we are looking to grow the team with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of sustainable mining.
Phoenix Tailings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity at all levels. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable protected characteristics, and these characteristics will not be a factor for consideration of any work-related decisions (including but not limited to hiring, firing, compensation, and discipline).