4.2. Senior Hydrometallurgical Engineer
Burlington, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2024
About Phoenix Tailings
Phoenix Tailings is a rapidly growing clean mining and metals production startup dedicated to sustainable and economic critical metals production. Our mission is to be the world's first fully clean mining and metals production company, producing the resources needed for the next generation of our economy.
Why Phoenix Tailings
At Phoenix, we believe that nothing great is ever accomplished alone or without the passion of people who push and motivate one another. If you are someone who shares our relentless pursuit of a better future, passion for innovation, and are excited about working with some of the top innovators in the world, then this is the place for you.
● You are only crazy if you are wrong, it’s ok to be wrong
● Lead with Compassion
● Be Resourceful
Champion the future of sustainable mining by unlocking the potential of tailings with your hydrometallurgical expertise!
We are seeking a highly motivated and results-oriented Senior Hydrometallurgical Engineer to join our dynamic team dedicated to extracting critical rare earths, iron, and other valuable minerals from mine tailings through innovative hydrometallurgical processes. You will play a pivotal role in developing and optimizing efficient and sustainable solutions, maximizing mineral recovery while minimizing environmental impact, contributing to a more responsible and circular mining industry.
- Design and optimize hydrometallurgical processes for efficient metal extraction and purification, including solvent extraction. Analyze process data to identify areas for improvement and implement innovative solutions to enhance efficiency and yield.
- Oversee the operation and maintenance of various hydrometallurgical equipment like reactors, filters, pumps, and mixers. This includes troubleshooting equipment malfunctions, ensuring proper calibration, and implementing preventive maintenance measures.
- Analyze process data to monitor performance, identify deviations, and diagnose problems. Propose and implement changes to process parameters, operating procedures, and equipment configurations to improve efficiency, yield, and product quality.
- Plan, budget, schedule, and execute hydrometallurgical projects from conception to completion, ensuring they meet technical, safety, and environmental requirements. This includes managing project teams, allocating resources, and communicating progress to stakeholders.
- They clearly communicate technical information, project updates, and recommendations to various stakeholders, including management, clients, and regulatory authorities.
- Evaluate the technical, economic, and environmental feasibility of proposed hydrometallurgical projects, considering factors like capital costs, operating expenses, market demand, and regulatory compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering, metallurgical engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in hydrometallurgical processing, preferably in senior positions with increasing responsibility. Demonstrated experience in design, optimization, and troubleshooting of hydrometallurgical processes is essential.
- Deep understanding of hydrometallurgy, including thorough knowledge of chemical reactions and solvent extraction.
- Ability to design, model, simulate, and optimize hydrometallurgical processes for efficient metal extraction and high-purity product recovery.
- Familiarity with various hydrometallurgical equipment like reactors, filters, pumps, mixers, and analytical instruments, including their operation and maintenance.
- Strong analytical skills to interpret process data, identify deviations, and troubleshoot operational issues to optimize performance and address challenges.
- Expertise in using process simulation software, data analysis software, and potentially CAD software.
- Ability to plan, budget, schedule, and execute hydrometallurgical projects from conception to completion, ensuring adherence to technical, safety, and environmental requirements.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate technical information and project updates to stakeholders, including management, clients, and regulatory authorities.
- Ability to communicate complex technical information effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong attention to detail and quality control. Meticulous adherence to procedures and protocols to ensure product quality and process safety.
We offer a competitive compensation package that is based on expertise. We also offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare, we care about you and your family: 100% Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing venture-backed company.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, and celebrations.
- Learning: Learning & Development Opportunities to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, kind people committed to making a difference!
- Flexible culture: We are results-focused. We don’t work at the office every day.
At Phoenix Tailings, we have an open culture that values learning, and we are looking to grow the team with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of sustainable mining.
Phoenix Tailings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity at all levels. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable protected characteristics, and these characteristics will not be a factor for consideration of any work-related decisions (including but not limited to hiring, firing, compensation, and discipline).