China Technical Program Manager (Mechanical Engineering, Quality, and Manufacturing)
IT, Other Engineering, Operations, Quality Assurance
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2023
Our mission is to move humanity off of fossil fuel heating. 20% of US global warming emissions come from homes (that’s more than cars!). The largest driver of home emissions is burning fossil fuels for heat. To stop climate change, over 80M US homes need to transition from combustion to efficient, electric heat pumps over the coming decades.
We believe for this to happen the world needs fantastic products that are easy to purchase. Today's heat pumps lack great design, make limited use of software, and are difficult and stressful to adopt. We are building a next generation, beautifully designed, AI optimized home heating and cooling system that is 10x better than what is on the market today.
Our founders recently left Google, where they had highly successful careers across engineering, design, and product management. We are backed by some of the best climate tech and AI investors in the world.
We are looking for a Technical Program Manager to join our team in China, to be the primary point of contract between our California-based engineering team and manufacturing partners in Zhuhai and the surrounding region. As a Technical Program Manager, you will be responsible for managing the development and delivery of new products from concept to production. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including mechanical engineering, quality, and manufacturing, to ensure that products meet customer requirements, are delivered on time, and meet cost targets.
This is a contracting role targeting 40 hours/week.
- Manage our design and manufacturing partners in Zhuhai & The Pearl River Delta (Guangdong Province) including overseeing their performance, ensuring that projects are delivered on time, within budget, and to the required quality standards
- Act as the primary point of contact between our headquarters in California and our partners in China, managing communication and relationships between the two organizations
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure that project requirements are clearly defined and understood
- Work with mechanical engineering teams to ensure that product designs meet customer requirements, are manufacturable, and meet quality standards.
- Collaborate with quality teams to ensure that products are tested and validated to meet customer specifications and quality standards.
- Communicate project status, risks, and issues to senior management and other stakeholders.
- Build strong relationships with customers, suppliers, and partners to ensure that products are delivered on time and to the highest quality standards.
- Work with the partner to identify opportunities for process improvements and cost savings
- Ensure that all project documentation is complete and accurate
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or a related field.
- At least 8 years of experience in new product development as a program manager or engineer.
- Strong technical knowledge of mechanical engineering, manufacturing processes, and quality systems.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a global environment.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Fluency in English and Mandarin.
This is an opportunity to join a highly ambitious team of people who truly care about the impact of their work and quality of their products. We are on a mission to accelerate a species-level human transition. For over a million years we've been burning things to stay warm. It's time to move to a better way of living.
See more open positions at Quilt Systems
Something looks off?