Wixom, MI, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2023
Remora is hiring an Assembler who will perform various tasks to aid daily operations. They will assemble our device and maintain a clean, safe and efficient work environment, all while helping to tackle the defining challenge of our time.
We’re a 50-person climate tech startup based in Detroit, MI. We build a device that captures a semi-truck’s carbon emissions directly from the tailpipe. We sell the CO2 to end-users, and split that revenue with our customers, so our device pays for itself in just a couple years.
We’re piloting our technology with some of the largest companies in the world, including three of the Fortune 10, and we’ve raised multiple rounds of funding from leading investors like Lowercarbon Capital, Union Square Ventures, and First Round Capital.
- Produce components by assembling parts and subassemblies
- Use hand tools or machines to assemble parts
- Read and decipher schematics, blueprints, and assembly instructions
- Conduct quality control checks
- Clean and maintain work areas and equipment, including tools
- Prepare work to be accomplished by studying parts lists and gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials
- Document actions by completing production and quality forms
- General cleaning, organizing and maintenance of the station as needed
- Mechanical acuity: Laborers may operate heavy equipment and machinery, including but not limited to overhead cranes, forklifts or pallet jacks and power tools
- Follow instructions from supervisors and implementing plans
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience with general labor and assembly, and interest in various tasks and projects.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job (standing for long periods of time, lifting heavy loads of up to 40 pounds etc.)
- Apprenticeship or specialization is an asset, but not necessary
You’re the type of person who:
- Is highly organized with exceptional execution
- Is inquisitive and likes to tackle obstacles and problem solve
- Is a clear written and verbal communicator
- Has strong interpersonal skills
- Is committed to safety
- Is excited to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Is passionate about tackling the climate crisis, and committed to equity and inclusion
- Location: Wixom, MI
- Start date: Immediately
- COVID-19: Remora requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Applicants are required to submit proof of vaccination prior to beginning employment. Appropriate COVID-19 safety precautions are implemented in the workplace.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Hourly Wage: $26.30
- Equity: 0.01%
- Healthcare (Aetna)
- Retirement (401k)
- Student loan assistance
- Four weeks of paid time off
- Dependent care assistance (childcare or eldercare)
- Parental leave
- Unlimited sick and compassionate leave
- Employee development and coaching
Climate change disproportionately impacts communities of color, so we’re looking for candidates deeply committed to reducing emissions and to racial justice. People who identify as Black, Indigenous, person of color, female, non-binary, trans, gender non-conforming, or any other identity underrepresented in startups are especially encouraged to apply.
Research shows that women and people of color are less likely to think they are qualified for a position after reading a list of requirements like the one above. If you are worried that you are not qualified, please apply anyway! We’re most excited to work with people who learn quickly and want to tackle the climate crisis.
See more open positions at Remora
Something looks off?