Business Development Representative
Runwise is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to help our rapidly scaling and mission-driven sales team form even deeper relationships with the biggest names in Real Estate.
Runwise (www.runwise.com) is a fast-paced New York City-based energy startup that controls and runs heating systems in nearly 6,000 + buildings throughout the Northeast. Runwise’s unique hardware and software services significantly reduce energy usage - substantially lowering costs and carbon output. As of today, Runwise's technology takes the equivalent of 50,000 cars worth of carbon emissions off the road each year. Runwise works with the biggest owners and property managers in the Northeast and is backed by some of the most prestigious investors in the space.
As a BDR at Runwise, you will own a list of one hundred and fifty of the biggest names in Real Estate. Roughly half of these accounts will be existing customers, while the other half have not yet worked with us. Paired with a Senior Account Executive (who is an expert in the industry) you will be charged with getting Runwise in front of key accounts for portfolio expansion conversations and net new growth opportunities. As the conversations progress, you will support in putting together sales pitches, proposals, and pricing to drive a substantial portion of the company’s revenue. BDRs will need to learn industry dynamics, organization structures, and the motivations of each buyer persona. BDRs need to know how to strategically prospect for the right contacts, break into complex organizations, and dynamically tailor the offering to drive decisions.
The right candidate is someone who is goal-oriented, thinks out of the box, has strong presentation skills, and is highly organized. The right candidate can think a few steps ahead and can connect dots between accounts, contacts, and locations to act relationally. The right candidate can switch between calls, strategy and administrative work in an efficient manner.
- Identify key players, analyze business cases for Runwise, and formulate a pitch
- Leverage a variety of data tools to locate contact information for an account
- Utilize calls, emails, and other creative tactics to connect with accounts
- Partner with a Senior Account Executives to make sure their pipeline continues to grow and deals move swiftly down the funnel
- Generate professional presentations and error free proposals on quick deadlines
- Maintain clean systems and gain proficiency in CRM (Salesforce), automated email tools (Outreach), lead gen tools, city databases, and excel.
This position requires an ambitious self-starter and someone that can effectively connect with Senior level decision makers. Relationship selling skills, with the ability to make a compelling business case, are essential.
- 2-5 years as an SDR, Account Manager or Account Executive.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, coupled with excellent listening skills and a positive and energetic phone presence.
- High level of integrity and an energetic commitment to building a successful company.
- Ability to work independently as well as partner with a Senior Account Executive in a fast-paced environment.
- Adept computer skills including proficiency with LinkedIn, Google Suite. Experience with CRM applications preferred.
Salary range: $110,000- $120,000 on target earnings with uncapped commission and additional monthly sales contests
Runwise is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We celebrate and support diverse perspectives, skills, and experiences within our company.