Edge Data Application Engineer
Edge Data Application Engineer
SailPlan is a cutting-edge technology company that is dedicated to transforming the future of maritime transportation. Founded in 2019, the company is on a mission to make shipping more sustainable by reducing its carbon footprint and ensuring that it becomes NetZero. SailPlan offers a range of innovative solutions and services that enable its clients to optimize their operations and reduce their environmental impact.
SailPlan works with some of the most important names in the shipping industry to deliver a cleaner future for the world. SailPlan’s team comprises of experts with a diverse range of skills and experience, including naval architects, data scientists, and software engineers. The company’s collaborative and dynamic work culture fosters innovation and creativity, allowing the team to develop cutting-edge solutions that drive the industry forward. By combining state-of-the-art technology and a commitment to sustainability, SailPlan is leading the way towards a greener and more efficient maritime industry.
At SailPlan, you will be part of a fast-growing team, will wear many hats and have ownership over building key aspects of our platform. You will work within a collaborative environment to build the next generation of technology for the maritime industry.
If you think you have the right stuff, we are looking for YOU.
Role Description and Responsibilities
- Develop edge-compute software for our state-of-the-art maritime IoT fleet
- Write edge-based software solutions for data acquisition and reporting, software update, high-reliability Linux services and network connectivity
- Develop tools to aid in rapid debugging of production systems, from analyzing reliability and performance to providing real-time support to customer-facing functionality
- Product support for existing versions of the SailPlan engineering solution deployed on customer’s fleet
Core Requirements and Qualifications
- Proficient in Python, especially I/O libraries and rapid prototyping of multiprocess services for high-reliability data acquisition, reporting, and software update
- Experience with Linux distributions for embedded systems platforms
- Experience with Linux network interface configuration and management
- Experience with Linux kernel and driver configuration and support
- Experience writing production-level code for high reliability systems
- Experience writing tooling around management of IoT nodes
- Experience with rapid prototyping in popular hardware peripheral interface languages (C/C++, Rust)
- Experience profiling and optimizing performance
- Experience with IoT or other large-scale data models and pipelines
- Experience building software platforms for communications networks and/or IoT products
- Experience working with shipboard systems, or industrial automation
- Experience working at a startup or on a small, fast-moving team.
Other information or Special Requirements
This is a full time position. US citizen or work permit required.