Head of People
People & HR
Somerville, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 2, 2023
OverviewAre you looking to make a difference in the world while producing a new product? Tender is revolutionizing the food industry by solving a major global challenge: how to make meat production ethical and sustainable. Going beyond the existing plant-based burgers, we are developing alternative meat whole-cuts – think steaks and chicken breasts – using innovative technologies.We are gearing up for some significant growth in the next 24 months and are looking for a Head of People to help us achieve that in an efficient but sustainable way. In this critical role, you will work closely with our CEO and be responsible for refining the People function within Tender, help all our teams grow, and nurture an environment and culture that is kind, open, and diverse. We want Tender to be an amazing place to work, where people are challenged to do their best work, and where everyone can contribute and make a difference. About You
- You love working with people and people love working with you. Your colleagues trust you and you are always there to support them.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and experience with conflict resolution.
- You have 6+ years in business operations (BizOps), project/program management, or people related activities.
- You have a track record of implementing new tools and processes, managing people and projects, and solving problems that others won't.
- You are excited about taking on more responsibilities than the job requires.
- You want to grow with the company and over time manage a team of passionate individuals like yourself.
- You have a passion to change the world for the better. You are not just looking to cash a paycheck – what you do for work matters deeply to you!
- You'll help grow and sustain our amazing culture! We want people to love working here and make sure that their work experience continues to improve.
- You'll build a robust People function (People Ops, HR, Talent Acquisition) capable of sustaining hyper growth in the years to come.
- You'll work closely with members across the organization to bring on additional exceptional people to Tender.
- You'll manage our external tools and contractors supporting People responsibilities
- You'll leverage our networks, external contractors, and available online tools to ensure we are recruiting the best talent out there.
- You'll identify gaps in our organization and will be excited to address them.
- You'll contribute operationally to our company by working closely with all senior managers.
- You are excited about joining an early-stage food technology startup, where you will have lots of responsibilities, work autonomously and have a big impact on the future of our organization!
- You'll get to join us on our mission to radically transform the meat industry – one of the most polluting industries on our planet.
- You'll get to work with a diverse group of people that cares deeply about what we are trying to solve.
- You'll have ownership over what you do and how you do it.
- You'll join a really fun, interesting and dynamic place to work!
- You'll join a young startup that is experiencing very rapid growth!
- Employee Incentive Stock Option Plan
- Paid Parental, Family & Medical Leave
- Unlimited PTO
- Health & Wellness Stipend
- Prescription Lab Goggles
- Generous Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits Package