Controls Engineering Manager
Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
Twelve is seeking a Controls Engineering Manager to join our Software Engineering Team. You will lead a team of Control Engineers building automated systems for CO2 conversion, and automating manufacturing of key system components.
This is a full time role based in Berkeley, CA.
What you’ll do
- Lead a high performing controls engineering team, and guide the team toward best practices for design, logic reuse, safety, testing, source control, and project planning.
- Grow the team and interview, onboard, and mentor additional controls talent.
- Design systems for automating continuous chemical processes and discrete manufacturing.
- Review ladder logic, P&IDs, electrical diagrams, and HMI screens.
- Stay fresh on your IC skills by making contributions to ladder logic and HMI screens.
- Guide panel design and selection of sensors, IO, and other controls hardware to fit project requirements.
- Collaborate with internal teams and external vendors to create project plans and ensure we stay on track to meet project timelines and safety goals.
Who you are
- You have experience managing a team of 3+ engineers for 2+ years, with a track record of high team member retention and successful on-time delivery of projects.
- You have exceptional organizational and communication skills, are adept at prioritizing tasks and summarizing complex topics.
- You have experience designing, selecting, programming, and deploying PLC-based control systems and HMIs for process equipment. Experience automating discrete manufacturing processes is not required, but is also preferred.
- You have strong familiarity with Allen-Bradley PLCs, and at least one other type of PLC.
- You are able to write control narratives and interpret engineering diagrams including P&IDs and electrical and wiring diagrams.
- You have participated in HAZOP for past projects, and have a strong understanding of how to create safe and reliable systems.
- You have led PLC projects from initial concept to delivery of a working system.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.