Senior Software Engineer - Application Security
The future of transportation is electric and our software solves the most critical emerging grid integration challenges to ensure that the impending energy transition is clean, equitable, and resilient. Our enterprise solutions help the grid absorb the coming electrification wave with ease. Utilizing modern, cloud-native platform architecture and robust systems optimization, WeaveGrid’s software is built from the ground up to tackle the most critical network challenges while meeting the stringent regulatory, security, and reliability requirements of the utility industry.
About the job
We are seeking a talented software engineer with a focus on Platform & Cloud Security to join our team. You will be responsible, as a key member of a small team of talented engineers, for designing, implementing, and maintaining WeaveGrid’s cloud-based platform & dev/sec-ops layers. You have a strong and hands-on background in software development, cloud security, and a passion for continuous learning. Not least, you are able to grow into a leadership role of a team of like-minded engineers while staying hands-on.
In this role, we will ask you to:
- Be a key contributor to evolving WeaveGrid’s cloud-native platform and dev-ops systems, with a special focus on design and implementation of security best practices and compliance mechanisms.
- Mentor and coach team members to improve their technical and professional skills and enable strong project execution in the team.
- Review technical designs across the broader engineering team from a security and compliance perspective. Perform security minded code reviews and help implement tooling and best practices in code review.
- Represent engineering in cross-functional teams focused on security and compliance engineering efforts, in close partnership with WeaveGrid’s Information Security and Legal teams
- Perform security assessments and audits of cloud infrastructure and applications to identify vulnerabilities and recommend remediation strategies.
- Support or lead remediation efforts for identified security incidents, application & infrastructure vulnerabilities, instances of non-compliant information systems, etc.
- Aid the Information Security & Legal teams in ensuring WeaveGrid’s adherence to all Information Security governance/audit and privacy requirements.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest cloud security trends and technologies and increase relevant awareness and knowledge within the engineering team.
- 5+ years of experience in software development with a focus on cloud-native software security and dev-ops, ideally in a high-stakes software services environment
- Able to grow into an engineering leadership role while staying hands-on with significant IC contributions
- Strong understanding of cloud security architecture and best practices.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform.
- IT governance frameworks and privacy regulations: Strong working knowledge of SOC 2, NIST, and CCPA are preferred. Familiarity with ISO:27001 or GDPR are a plus
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with security tools, such as SIEM, antivirus, CNAPP, and vulnerability scanners
- Strong understanding of secure coding practices such as OWASP.
- (Preferred) Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, or a related field.
- (Preferred) Certifications such as AWS Certified Security - Specialty, Microsoft Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate, or Google Cloud Certified - Professional Cloud Security Engineer are a plus.
About the process
- Apply, and send us your resume/CV (we’ll do our best to reply within a week)
- Complete a coding assessment demonstrating your abilities as backend engineer OR hop on a video call and complete a similar coding problem with one of our engineers collaboratively in real time.
- Interview with three small panels, spanning a variety of engineers and managers at Weavegrid.
- Final interview with the Co-founders.
The total compensation for this opportunity includes a base salary range of $103,000-$194,000 plus equity (stock options) and benefits. This is our target compensation range and is subject to multiple factors including role, level, experience, and location. As you go through our interview process, our recruiter will work with you to identify a competitive base salary within the proposed range and combine it with an equity package to get you excited about your future at WeaveGrid.